Main Boards > PowWow

Arrow spine help

(1/2) > >>

Wvsteveo:
Hey guys, long time creeper first time poster. I’ve been shooting trad for about 3 months now. I love it! Way funnier and challenging than shooting my compound. I’ve been trying to practice as much as I can. I am wanting to try to hunt this fall and possibly take a dough with my trad bow. My bow is a Sanlida Royal x8 60” recurve. 40# at 28”, Best I can figure I am around 28.5” or 29” draw. The bow came with some 500 spine arrows. I want to buy some better arrows, I plan on shooting about a 30 inch arrow, From the groove to the insert. And I plan on running a 100 grain brass insert with either a 150 grain or 200 grain broadhead. What Aeros would put me in the ballpark? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wvsteveo:
I also plan on my arrow being anywhere between 500 to 550 grains if that helps.

Michpatriot:
Welcome to the BEST place on the net for your new addiction!!! Im drawing 30" on a 40# putting me about 45-46#at the fingers.. I'm shooting 32" carbon length arrows with 170gr weight up front and it took 400 spine for me to run a long arrow the way I like. I might be able to eeeek out 200gr but I'd have a pretty short margin to the arrow hitting the shelf then..and I like my 25yd point on and a shorter arrow would change that also.

Wvsteveo:
Thanks for the reply. I’m not really too much set on running them full length. I’ve got a few old 500 spine arrows laying around and I might try one of them with a 250 grain field tip.

Terry Green:
This belongs on the Powwow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version