Main Boards > Hunting Legislation & Policies

California hunting regs overhaul

(1/1)

PrestonTaylor:
There is a petition in front of the CA Fish & Game Commission to make some big changes to the big game regulations. Next thursday (Jan. 27th 3 pm PST) will be the first meeting to start discussing these ideas. You can find the petition document on the FGC website in the meeting documents for this upcoming meeting: https://fgc.ca.gov/Meetings/2022
This will likely be the first in a long series of conversations, with input from species-specific NGOs and the public. Check it out if you live or hunt in Cali. Feel free to get in contact with me if you want more details.

Al Dente:
All that I can say is this:  If you live and hunt in CA, get involved.  Read up on the proposals, do some research, and attend those meetings.

Anyone can be an armchair quarterback, believe me, I have heard it thousands of times:

"I didn't know about this", "How come I wasn't told", "I don't have time to get involved, but you guys should let us know"

If you don't like it, do something about it.  If not, don't complain about it, especially to the guys that give a damn, and make the sacrifice.

Endless road trips to meet with legislators and game officials.  Endless meetings.  Endless phonecalls, emails, and letters.

C'mon, you're not just helping Preston, you're helping yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version