Main Boards > Hunting Legislation & Policies

ALERT WHA so far and where we need to go ALERT

(1/6) > >>

vermonster13:
Here is a list of those who have come out against the WHA one way or another.

Pope & young
Safari Club International
Boone & Crockett
NFAA
USSA
NSSF
NRA
Cabelas
Bass Pro Shops
Matthews
ROSS
Newberry
Merlin USA
Martin Archery
Eastman Outfitters
G5 Outdoors
Xtreme Scents
Muzzy
Pinwheel Products
Outdoors Life
New York Post
Detroit Free Press
and a few I've missed

Looks like a pretty good list, not really. Even with all the noise being made over this to many companies are unaware or taking a wait and see attitude.

Now for some frightening facts. The CEO of the WHA has hundreds of millions of dollars in property in Michigan. The DNR, AG Dept and MVMA don't have official positions on this kind of "hunt" and are waiting for the Atty Generals office to clear up the legality for them. The Governor of Michigan has served on many committees with the WHA chairman. A prominent Michigan politician worked for him. He could be the next mayor of Detroit if decided to run or Congressman or Senator according to publications in Michigan. He is popular in Michigan urban centers where hunting isn't much of the populaces lives and many voters reside. It is an election year for the governor. He has made many contributions to political campaigns in Michigan and other states. They have a whole law office in their employ.

We need the big organiztions who have made statements to do more. We aren't going to stop this with just hunting sponsors walking away. Hunters aren't the target market and they want non-traditional sponsors, this is being aimed to draw in the urban yuppie who is bored with golf.

WE NEED LEGAL ACTION AND INJUNCTIONS STARTED BY SOME OF THESE GROUPS WHO HAVE BEEN COLLECTING OUR CONTRIBUTIONS AND DUES FOR YEARS. WE NEED THEM TO STEP IN OR I FEAR THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN. THE MORE I LEARN THE MORE NERVOUS I BECOME AND MANY WHO SHOULD BE OUR ALLIES AREN"T TAKING THIS SERIOUS ENOUGH!!!!!

vermonster13:
We need members of these organizations to start jumping on the leadership to get some opposition going. All of you guys have been great but there is only so much we can do.

can I count on you guys in this?

Danny Rowan:
I have contacted the NRA, NRA-ILA and NAHC and asked that they come out publicly against this and bring legal action to help stop it both at a national level and state level. I am a life member of both organizations. Guess we will see if my dues are worth anything.

Danny

Texasrecurve:
I will do anything I can to halt this misadventure. The NRA for sure needs to step up and start legal action.

TR

Pinecone:
You can add Women Hunters, Inc. to the list.  As a Board member and VP of Communications for them, I've obtained concensus to send them a formal letter of non-support.  Further, that correspondence (with appropriate revisions) will also go to any sponsors.
I talked to the folks at Thompson Center and both Larry W. and Greg Ritz are in Africa right now.  Larry's assistant will get them the info, however.

Claudia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version