INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Longhammock campfire thread  (Read 11196 times)

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Losing arrows since 1966
Re: Longhammock campfire thread
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2021, 01:34:26 AM »
...I started a painting this morning....
...it will be a Twin Towers 9-11 tribute...
... it is on a piece of 6' x 16" metal roofing  :coffee:
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. ~ gnome

My opinions come from experience, 𝚌̶𝚘̶𝚖̶𝚖̶𝚘̶𝚗̶ ̶𝚜̶𝚎̶𝚗̶𝚜̶𝚎̶, and scar tissue. ~ gnome

Archery ingredient list: ... 1% bow, 9% arrow, 90% You!... ~ gnome

Proverbs 21:9,19

Online Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2021, 09:02:41 AM »
2021 almost over.. I hope 2022 will be a better year for everyone...  :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Online Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2022, 09:20:22 PM »
OK, its 2022...Let the good times roll  :archer:

Online Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2022, 01:12:07 PM »
2022 has been a little better than 2021 so far. I was able to shoot a few arrows at the charity shoot and hit most of the targets.. Longhammock 2022 starts Feb 27, 2022

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2022, 04:06:42 PM »
The 2022 shoot schedule is now posted in a separate thread so it doesn't get buried ...
https://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?topic=178543.0

.... it has been a busy few week of range clean up... Mark brought in a huge dumpster for all the shot out targets and styrofoam blocks... Tom and his brother Mike, cut up that gigantic oak that fell on the back side of the course last year, and mowed the main trail... they have it looking good... a couple of days ago, I went back out there with Tom;  we cleaned up the practice range, and camp area... We also reset/relocated a few targets.... the bad news is, the xl big panther on the rock at station #6 is now a shoot-thru, and need to go... and the big bear at station #4, isn't far behind...the good news is we have more new rinehart targets coming....   a couple of turkeys, a racoon, a fox, and an antelope... it is going to be a good season!...
...and thats the news from longhammock, "Where everyone shoots above average, and nobody keeps score."
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. ~ gnome

My opinions come from experience, 𝚌̶𝚘̶𝚖̶𝚖̶𝚘̶𝚗̶ ̶𝚜̶𝚎̶𝚗̶𝚜̶𝚎̶, and scar tissue. ~ gnome

Online Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2022, 08:13:24 PM »
 :clapper: Sounds like you guys got the Long Hammock range in great shape.   :shaka:

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2022, 02:41:44 PM »
... went out to the longhammock range with Tom this morning to re-reset the large elk and 1/3 caribou again.... with all the rain, what looked like a good setup, ended up under water.... they are now at station 14...
.... the practice range is all cleaned up and the block target is now set at a measured 20 yards with a new 5 spot target face, along with a 15yd deer and bear, a 20yd panther, and a 45yd hero shot on a bedded doe... it looks good...

... fried fish , cheese grits, hushpuppies, coleslaw,and more are on the menu for this sunday's shoot....
...the weather is going to be perfect, so no excesses..."...and if your to busy to shoot, your life is just to busy..."

...and that's the news from Longhammock, where everyone shoots above average, and nobody keeps score...

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2022, 02:06:58 PM »
... at last sundays shoot (4/10/22), we had a light turnout, but a really awesome lunch!.... Eric did blacked Snook fillets in a cast iron skillet, Rob did deep fried trout, and I made cheese grits..... and there were enough deep fried sides, corn on the cob, and hushpuppys, everyone was stuffed like a tick... good stuff Maynard!....  and did I mention cheese grits.... damn they were good!!....

... I am going to bump a post from 2006 .... https://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?topic=130548.0

.... 17 years of Longhammock .... the more things change, the more they stay the same.... good friends, and good times.... thanks everyone...

...and that's the news from Longhammock, when everyone shoots above average, and nobody keeps score....

...see ya'll at the next shoot...  :campfire:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 03:00:56 PM by gnome »

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2022, 09:26:58 AM »
...the 4/24 shoot was one of the best we’ve had… we had a smoked hog...
… last friday(4/22), Rob took me and Mike hog hunting back behind his place…. Man is it (still) wet back there…. We hadn’t walked in 300 yards when I spotted 3 little pigs (I know… insert joke here…) about 80 yards out in the field…. I was way out of range for my 12ga, but Rob had a Savage 99 in 32-40...(nice old cartridge) …. and rolled him with an iron  sight head shot… pretty impressive…
...4:30am Sunday morning he was on the smoker, and 7 hours latter, he was lunch!...There’s not much better than a whole hog pig picken’… nobody went home hungry… thanks to everyone who came out ... see ya at the next shoot  :campfire:

...and that's the news from longhammock, "Where everyone shoots above average, and nobody keeps score."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2022 ~ Trad Gang.com ©