Topic Archives > Classics

Re-creating a Georgia Giant....Home Coming Pics 3/27

(1/23) > >>

Guru:
Check this first..
    http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=000055    

The form took quite a bit of work to get the right fit... this buck was huge!  The head that came on the form was terrible, so I changed it out with a much nicer version.....ready to go....

Some clay work...with out a doubt the part of a mount that "makes or breaks"..."The window to the soul"....

Getting the skin "taxi'd"....to get the skin on the way it was cut to be mounted, the head/neck had to be cut off and then re-attached after it was put into the skin....

The long sewing process getting started....

Upper and lower lips tucked as well as the nostrils.....

hang on,more coming....

Tim Fishell:
Looking good Curt!!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Guru:
Eyes tucked, but will need some touching up later...

More sewing,ugggggh!

I ran out of time, so I wrapped this leg with plastic to keep it hydrated for the final sewing the next morning(Cade laughed when he saw it, said it looked like the deer had a cast)....

Mounted, but still needs to dry for final finish work....then will be hand delivered!!

Guru:

This guy was a real warrior, scarred all over. Both eye lids had been cut and healed, one nostril had been gored and healed, and he had fresh fighting wounds all over his head, neck and shoulders. The rack looks more like a Sask. buck, dark, gnarly, a heavy bases.....he's everything a big mature buck 'ought to be....a true traditional trophy....and he fell to a very deserving hunter...congrats again bud     :notworthy:

RUSTY1:
That's AWSOME!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version