INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Before the end.... a review I guess  (Read 122 times)

Offline Petrichor

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Before the end.... a review I guess
« on: June 29, 2020, 04:10:16 PM »
A while ago I made an order with Herdbull productions to get my very own copy of "one with the wilderness".  I know from past experiences that sometimes you become interested in a traditional archery book and all of a sudden it disappears and copies of it spike in price making it unobtainable. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity.

I'm very close to finishing the book..... that's right a review before the end. I have read the book as I have time, a chapter here and a chapter there.  Although I have not got to read the book at the rate I would like, I would like to say the following.

This book is exciting.... I too am a solo hunter for the most part, although I do hunt with a partner about a 1/3 of the time. My spirit resonates with Mike and his exciting tales that I can only dream of at the moment. The book envokes the vast feelings of aspiration and determination and how deep a human can become connected to nature. I have felt the draw of this book each time I am forced to put it down by every day life and long to get back to the stories told in such a way that you are present for the hunt. What sticks out to me is not just the hunts and trophies taken, but the ethics behind them.

I will not hesitate to say that chapter 22 about Bart made me cry with big manly tears as it describes a true man of the wood and tundra..... I'm at a loss to say more other than read this book and enjoy with good bourbon..

It takes a good book to keep your attention... but it takes a great book to inspire you to be a better human being.

Cheers,
D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:22:56 PM by Petrichor »
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Before the end.... a review I guess
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:47:37 AM »
Coming from you, I take that as a hint that this one should join my library, Dave? :readit:
Aim small,miss small

Offline Petrichor

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Before the end.... a review I guess
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 12:55:14 AM »
Coming from you, I take that as a hint that this one should join my library, Dave? :readit:

Most definitely!!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©