INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bernard S. Dunn  (Read 119 times)

Online Alexander Traditional

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bernard S. Dunn
« on: March 23, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Has anyone heard from Bernard. He was always active in the St. Jude forum,and haven't seen him in a while. I think he had cancer,and he goes by ber643. I was just wondering how he was doing,if any of you know him?

Online Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bernard S. Dunn
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »
Guys on the TGMM group were chipping in to get him a new computer but I'd not seen Bernie either and Sent him several UNanswered emails after his beloved bride died...

I too wonder how he is doing, or if he's still kicking...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Keefer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 06:48:34 PM »
I’ll check with my buddyLee Hoots I think he may know him but not 100% certain so check back and I’ll let ya know what a I find out.

Online Keefer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 08:23:42 PM »
Ok I texted Lee Who checked his face book page and he’s been out going to flea markets on weekends .
 He’s still around praise the Lord  :pray:

Online Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 09:15:27 PM »
Since I don't do FB, I lost touch but it's great to hear he's still kickin... :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking Keith!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Alexander Traditional

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
Oh I'm glad to hear that! I've always liked his enthusiasm. Thanks guys.

Online Keefer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 08:47:49 PM »
Doc,
 Was that picture taken at Baltimore?

Online Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 09:50:52 PM »
Doc,
 Was that picture taken at Baltimore?

Yup...2008 or 2009

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Keefer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 07:06:40 AM »
    I know exactly where that picture was taken standing close to that big tree behind the food building where the field/targets are.
 Am I correct on that?
 I have a picture of some friends I took a few years ago standing in the same place.
 They haven't called it yet but it may be cancelled this year and I have been looking forward to it noit for the shooting but the friends who are like minded and we share a bond .
  Its good medicine for the soul isn't it brother ? :archer:

Online Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 09:19:57 AM »
Keith,

you're asking me where that was taken in 2009 or 2008?  Seriously? I don't know!!!  I"d have guessed it was nearer where we camped, but it could have easily been when we came out of the course on the left side (coming into the shoot).

I liked B'mo, shoot... Got sorta messy a few times, especially that year Hunger Games came out as there were people everywhere and they just kept rakin in the moola...Kinda a zoo being 10 groups waiting at each target on all the courses for 10 targets or more...

Toward the end, I started going to Standing Stone shoot, but when the organizer died as a young man, it went bye-bye as like most clubs, few do the work of many.  :(:(  Now it's a very, very long drive to any trad shoot and as you say, most likely this year they'll be cancelled..I heard that Whit was closed already...more to follow!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©