INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Looking to get a new/used bow  (Read 121 times)

Online craigski

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking to get a new/used bow
« on: February 04, 2020, 09:12:51 AM »
I currently own a bear grizzly 58 inch length 50 pounds at 28 inches. I think it is too short for my 29.5 draw length. I thought I could make it work but the finger pinch at full draw is causing me to have a lot of trouble with my release. I am looking for something in the 60 or even better 62 inch range. Probably 45-50 at 28 is optimal. Not looking to break the bank but looking to pursue my trad hunting carrier. Thanks to all in advance. Also anyone in the Marcellus area who would be willing to help me out with some advice would be much appreciated.

Offline barebo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking to get a new/used bow
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 10:32:41 PM »
I have a nice '65 Kodiak that scales 43#@28 so would be around 47#at your draw length. I live in Oneida Castle and fish Nine Mile for trout a few times a year.
My email is mask1@twcny.rr.com. I could send pics if you're interested. Of course you can shoot it before you decide if you'd like it.

Mark

(315) 363-7235

Online craigski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »
I am interested. This might be just the bow to reinvigorate my drive to go traditional. I would love a few pictures and maybe an idea of what you are asking for it. Also I am excited that you would let me test it before deciding for sure weather or not it will suit my needs. Thank you for replying and I look forward to seeing the pictures and maybe making a deal👍

Online craigski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 01:29:16 PM »
I also love the idea of it having some history to it . They are just not made like they used to be anymore from what I can see. Again thank you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©