INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2019 Hunting Trad in Alberta  (Read 98 times)

Offline outdoorsforlife

• Trad Bowhunter
2019 Hunting Trad in Alberta
« on: August 08, 2019, 03:35:26 AM »
Any scouting stories, animal stories started? Well I have had a pretty cool year so far. 

I just got back from the Alberta Traditional Bowhunters Association Heritage Jamboree.  What a cool time shooting targets, camping and telling stories.  Great bunch of people and fun event. 

I was able to get out to Grande Prairie for a hunt last spring (2019) for five days.  Lots of Bears seen, but nothing in the pot. 

I have been practicing in my garage a bit (shot sequence, anchor point (four points on my face and finger to shoulder as fifth, back tension loading).  It has helped.

I went on four scouting trips so far before the season and had a great time each outing.  Making sure there are a few judo's in the quiver has definitely added some practice and fitness to the learning process.

Who is ready?  Any plans shapping up?   Any pics?
Pretty soon I will be buying a wall tent.  Any experience to add?

Good luck to everyone this season.

Gordon

Online Deertaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2019 Hunting Trad in Alberta
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:07:07 PM »
Up in the Edmonton area, hoping to get out around here and try for some Mulie bucks and white tail. Hope to get out latter this fall and hunt/ scout for elk and maybe hit em harder next year. Hope to get out in spring for bear, but will try for bear this fall too!
Good Luck!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©