INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Longhammock campfire thread  (Read 5392 times)

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Lossing arrows since 1966
Re: Longhammock campfire thread
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2020, 04:34:43 PM »
I got the new targets set out....now I need to order more arrows... I had to reposition a couple to make recovery more likely... I'm down 5 in two days....

...and now for something completely different...
I think this would make a great window decal... white on a clear background...

...this scan of a doodle is the best I can do at the moment... I can't seem to figure out how to draw it on the computer yet ...

What do ya'll think?...
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. - gnome

My opinions come from experience, common sense, and scar tissue. - gnome
Proverbs 21:9,19

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2020, 01:24:36 PM »
 3Rivers has a good sale on Beman ICS Lost Camo Hunter Pro Shafts at 49.99 for 12.
https://www.3riversarchery.com/beman-ics-hunter-pro-carbon-shafts.html

I normally shoot Gold Tip's, and was about to buy some more, but 3Rivers has done a great job of tagging American made products on their website.... thanks for that. Going to try the Bemans.

2doz Beman centershot 500 shafts, with 175gr point, and Truflight feathers, all made in USA. On the way....
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. - gnome

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »
Not shooting or working on anything.. Mostly staying away from any crowds..I stocked up on canned, frozen and dry goods back in March so I might have to go to the Grocery store once every 2 weeks if I need fresh milk , eggs or veggies..  about 30 years ago I had some Beman Carbon Arrows with outserts... and at that time they were made in France..I think Easton? bought them out.

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2020, 07:31:36 PM »
This has to be the slowest internet board ever… nobody else wants to post anything… I haven’t figured it out yet.

I remember the old outserts; the arrows where super skinny.  Gold Tip's used to be made in USA, but moved to mexico with Victory and all the others. I was pleased to find out Beman was owned by Easton, and where made here. I have always been in the "Buy American" camp, any time I have a reasonable choice.

When socializing and travel begin to return, I hope you, and everyone else get time to come shoot the new setup.  I’ve been working on this for decades, and it’s finally coming together.  I won’t be able to host open invitation shoots like Longhammock; layout dictates only a single group of shooters, 5 or 6 max at a time…..more or of a, "come shoot when you can"… weekdays, or weekends, are not relevant to me anymore.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2020, 08:10:42 PM »
 :archer2: LongHammock shoot Sunday May 3, 2020

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2020, 08:25:05 PM »
Yea!...... a surprise, but yea!

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2020, 09:06:29 AM »
There is going to be a Longhammock Shoot on Sunday 5/17/20.  Rob said if tarpon are rolling, he might not be there, but there would be a shoot.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »
I just sent out the e-mails. I have to stay near the house the next 6 days.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2020, 06:55:14 PM »
There will be a LongHammock shoot this Sunday May 31, 2020

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2020, 02:20:31 PM »
YEA!.... The new pair of Javaman carbon xl longbow limbs are here... they are going on a DX5 15" riser, 40# @ 28" for a 62" bow...
hopefully I'll be able to hit something with it by the next shoot... which is going to be on 6/14 by the way... see ya'll there.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2020, 01:57:32 PM »
Can someone send out the e-mail reminder for the June 28, 2020 shoot? My internet e-mail and other stuff at our house are not working due to a lightning hit Tuesday...They will be running new lines next week????

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2020, 03:33:40 PM »
That's more than "some" new targets. That's two truck loads of new targets  :clapper:

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2020, 06:13:57 PM »
There are 10 new targets in all.... they all came in one huge box, stretch wrapped to a pallet....  Big-un rolled up with it in the back of his truck.... Brian climbed up and cut the wrap off, and just started handing down pieces.....and pieces....and pieces....we had no idea how many were in there until we counted heads.... Built movable stands for 6 so far..... still need to build 4 more for a coyote, a bear, and two more deer.   

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »
Longhammock is blessed to have some Awesome members.. Those Rhinehart  targets look really good and should last for a few years!  :thumbsup:

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2020, 04:07:53 PM »
We had a good shoot on Sunday.   Attendance was pretty sparse, there were only 11 of us.... and there was so much food...

I just sat and talk with Morgan, while Brian did all the cooking.   It's hard to get ahead of Brian on doing prep work.... by the

time I figure out what needs to be done .... he's finished.... and I always enjoy time spent talking with Morgan.... He is the

quintessential southern gentleman.

I went back to the range (long hammock) this morning to finish building the last 4 target stands..... got these done, and

thought, well the first 3 stations are pretty close, I'll set new targets on them and call it a day..... I put 3 deer each on stations

#1 & #2 ... and replaced the bear on station #3.... They look really good!....

Walked the rest of the course to survey placements for the other new targets,  and ended up doing  whole course reset...

flipped everything to their good sides, and added a new station with a 20yd buck, and a 25yd muley.... turn the standing bear

more to Scott's liking (and to make it last longer)... rehabilitated the the fallen javelin... set the new 1/3 caribou out by the

old caribou...

.... then set the coyote as a bonus 35yd shot from station #3, across to station #4 (big bear and bedded doe long shot)....

....by then I was tired, bleeding in three places, and my buzz had worn off.... called it a day....

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2020, 04:52:45 PM »
 :thumbsup: Be careful, don't over do it in this heat..  :scared:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©