INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 3 Rivers scores again!  (Read 614 times)

Offline Angus

• Trad Bowhunter
3 Rivers scores again!
« on: April 03, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
a recent purchase of one of their Old Mountain Mesa deflex/reflex bows has impressed me.  I've shot my 45# for about two weeks now, and still am blown away at the quality, lack of hand shock and stacking, as well as the general finish and ease of shooting.  This is one very nice bow!  Especially when you consider the $260 price tag.  I suppose you could call this an "entry level" longbow, but it compares so favorably with my Toelke Whip in terms of shooting, that I'd say there's absolutely nothing "entry level" about it other than the price.  The Toelke is hands down more beautiful in the riser area than the OMM, and certainly is quicker, but that's my elk bow, and the new one I'll take out for grouse and deer this Fall.  Y'all might take a serious look at one, if you are looking to go with a 64-inch longbow![
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington

Offline bigun

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 Rivers scores again!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 08:43:12 PM »
certainly due like mine,

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:15:54 PM »
Now you done it. I have been hemming and hawing trying to decide on whether or not to get one the last few days. I have quite a few selfbows but with just getting back into archery after 10 years their poundages are to heavy for me.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 01:38:55 PM »
The Old Mountain Mesa arrived today. I was very pleased with the looks and finish. Light as a feather in the hand and no noticeable hand shock. I ordered 45# and checked on my scale. The bow was spot on at 45#@28"  and 47#@29". I shot about a dozen arrows in my basement just to start stretching the string.
  The only negative thing I have to say is that there should be an owners manual or information sheet with bow. It would be nice to know the recommended brace height. I have mine set at 6 3/4".
Lincoln E. Farr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©