3Rivers Archery

Trad Gang Member of the Week
(click for topic)

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Author Topic: Bear shots  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Wudstix

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear shots
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2019, 04:08:39 PM »
Practice elevated shoots and have a blast.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me
++++
"Going to the woods is going home." - John Muir
++++
I have been saved, I will be saved, and I'm currently working towards my salvation--->
++++
60" Big River Recurve 67#@28"              
60" MOAB 62#@27"
60" Big River 21st style 65#@27"
62" Kota Red Elm 72#@28"
PBS - Associate Member; Retired DoD civilian 1985-2019

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2019, 04:23:18 AM »
Bowguy Im not looking for a fight but i just feel like your renderings are incorrect.  Lots of bears are lost each year when guys think they made a perfect shot "just like on a deer"..  I have two bear targets,  one form thirty years ago and one from present times.  The old target has the vitals forward like a whitetail.  The new target has them similar to the pic I posted.  I think current knowledge says vitals are further back than we originally thought in regards to a bear.....  Good hunting boys.....
You don’t have to fight I’m just telling you aim for the center you gut shoot em. Now perhaps there’s some dif in center. I call center between the legs. To center this area you’re saying that’s center of the vitals alluding the lungs extend into the hips? Come one, where is the liver, kidneys, intestines, etc? Oh yea they’re built like Volkswagens, the goodies are backwards. Think bout what you’re saying

Online beemann

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »
What I said in my first post was "a bit further back."  I never said the "goodies are backwards"  Guess I should have said stay away from shoulder and front leg. 

Offline Mighty Big Country

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2019, 10:28:00 AM »
If Tim Finley explained where to shoot a bear, pay attention! 

Online pavan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
Back when I lived in Wisconsin, we got a bear tag with our bow license.  I did not want to shoot a bear with bait so I tried stalking.  I tried all day until dark with one bear.  The only chances, 3, I had of getting a shot at that bear, all i saw was a big hairy rump going straight and getting smaller fast.  Bear are harder to stalk that one might think.  Pretty certain there is no rump shot on a bear that is worth the risk, but it may be better than an intentional gut shot, by shooting too high and too far back when broadside.   I insisted on waiting for a quartering away chance, I never got it with any bear that i stalked during those years.
Pavan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©