INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Thermacell  (Read 23 times)

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
Thermacell
« on: October 16, 2019, 03:22:28 PM »
When I first heard a couple guys talking about "Thermacells" , long underwear came to mind.
Well, in warmer weather or climates, this thing can be as valuable as long johns in winter weather!
What is a 'Thermacell', exactly? Well, it's a small, butane powered bug repeller. You insert a strip into the grid, screw in the butane bottle, and click the igniter button a few times, then set it on the ground or on/in your stand. Within a few minutes, the TC has created a dome around you that keeps the majority, if not all, mosquitoes, deer flies and other irritating bugs away while you hunt. Yes, it's supposedly odorless. You can buy fall woods scent repellent as well if you choose. I could not have sat out for 2 very unseasonably warm evenings without this thing unless I had totally doused myself with DEET, so I reckon it paid for itself already! I paid under $30.00 at Bass Pro for the camo version, which included 3 repellent strips (good for 4 hours each) and one screw-in butane bottle (also good for 4 hours+). I used mine two days running (4+ hours each day) and I'm still on the first strip and have butane left to spare.
If you are an early season hunter or hunt in warmer climates, you really owe it to yourself to check it out. This thing really saved my bacon this year!
I will post more with pix when I get the chance.
Aim small,miss small

Online Pine

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thermacell
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »
Yes indeed, just ask any spring bear hunter.  :thumbsup:
A good story isn't necessarily a true story.
TGMM Family of the Bow =}}}}=========€ >

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©