INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS
RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The count down.. 8 Days.. a little new info..  (Read 481 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
The count down.. 8 Days.. a little new info..
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:08:48 PM »
Can't wait for this fellas. 

I apologize for my lack of communication through all this.  We have been pretty busy, etc.  If anyone has any questions, please let me know! 

Again, 3185473756 if you need any immediate answers!   

Alright Fellas.  I will be headed there as soon as I can get away from work on Thursday.  I should be able to get there by 5. 

Who is planning on coming, and when do you plan on being there? 

Right now, I believe Randy is on the fence with work obligations, but as far as I know everyone else is still a go. 

I went down and scouted the area near the camp and saw minimal sign, but that just means we will have to branch out to a new area this year.   

For guys who have been, I've spoke with several people who hunt the area and said we need to check by the Head Quarters as well as Hebert. 

I'll be bringing my boat for better access as the water is still pretty high, but I think it'll work out great!  I always love hunting out of a boat.  I will also bring my game cart in case we kill something while hunting out of the boat. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:36:57 PM by DanielB89 »
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline jbpharmd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The count down.. 8 Days.. a little new info..
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:10:31 PM »
I will be there Thursday morning and drop some stuff at the camp then I’ll probably go take a little walk in the woods just to check things out. If there is a particular area you want me to check Daniel let me know. I have been to the far south side by that lake and the planted red oak plantation and the “alligator hole” if you want me to look into either of them. I’m open to checking out anywhere I can access with a truck though.

Got my list together for the etoufee and it will be cooked and frozen this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »
I would like to see how much water is down by Rock Lake and the Gator hole.  Any where in those areas would be great to check. 

I am debating on whether to bring the boat or wheeler.  I could bring both but my truck isn't 4x4 and my suv is.  So i'm thinking i'll bring it and the boat 
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

Offline Petrichor

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 08:36:48 PM »
Finally have access to the forum cant wait.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline jbpharmd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 02:08:22 PM »
Looks like we will have the obligatory mud in camp again this year. Front coming through this weekend. Then likely rain on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Small rain chances every day we are there. No cold weather predicted.

Online HOGLESS2

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 11:37:55 AM »
Once I get down there, is there some where I can get a map of where we can hunt?

Offline Petrichor

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 12:54:56 PM »
Once I get down there, is there some where I can get a map of where we can hunt?

X2
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma/32649

You can see the map here.   The camp is on the south portion near horshoe lake.  You are free to hunt ANYWHERE you want.  Hogs are nomads so for the first days were always trying to search and find them and we're non stop on recon missions. 

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©