3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang Member of the Week

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang 2018 St Judes Auction ~ BIDDING IS CLOSED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Author Topic: elevated PSA  (Read 326 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: elevated PSA
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 05:16:34 PM »
Good luck to you Doc. My PSA had shot up to 17.5 just before I started my treatment. I have my PSA checked yearly now and for the last 4 years it is undetectable.

That is very cool for you... Everyone of us is somewhat different.  I have older friends who have had radiation, targeted directly on the prostate and then years later had it recur and also had scarring on their bladder with other issues; some suggest that there are some possibilities that preclude other treatments if it recurs, so I hope to be learning a lot more then I ever wanted to know!

Thank you ever so much for your input!  I'm indebted to you for that! :pray:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online ron w

• Contributing Member 2018
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »
 :pray: :pray:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »
To clarify, the recovery time of 12 weeks was just a limit on weight you could lift.  I could care for myself 2 days after surgery and was expected to walk as much as I could - multiple miles if I wanted.   After a week I could drive lift up to 10 lbs and only had restrictions on the amount of weight I could lift after that.     
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2018, 09:43:11 PM »
To clarify, the recovery time of 12 weeks was just a limit on weight you could lift.  I could care for myself 2 days after surgery and was expected to walk as much as I could - multiple miles if I wanted.   After a week I could drive lift up to 10 lbs and only had restrictions on the amount of weight I could lift after that.   

That's kind of you to clarify...

As I said, each doc I have seen around the country seems to have their own belief on how to recuperate post - op...so till I find out I NEED surgery, I will file all these things...

10# isn't much and not sure that would still make a difference, but we'll just cross that bridge once I know more, but thank you so very much!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©