3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang Member of the Week!

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang 2018 St Judes Auction ~ BIDDING IS CLOSED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Author Topic: 2018 pictures and stories  (Read 115 times)

Offline outdoorsforlife

• Trad Bowhunter
2018 pictures and stories
« on: August 17, 2018, 02:34:32 PM »
Well another year is upon us.

What trips are forming up?

I'm using a very short range in my garage to practice (to ensure anchor consistency) to maintain confidence prior to the season.

I found the movie "the push" on YouTube helpful for a few pointers on my anchor.

I'm planning a trip with a guy I met at the Heritage jamboree.  This is another great reason to go.

How are trips forming up for others?

Gordon

Offline outdoorsforlife

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2018 pictures and stories
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:12:17 PM »
I'm headed up to 326 this weekend. 

I will sit in a tree Sat evening.

I'm getting things together in the basement and I'm excited.

The week after will be a trip for Bears north of Grande Prairie.

I will try for Moose after that (417, 420).

I may even get a trip in before that to SE BC;).

Good luck everyone.

Gordon

Online Deertaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 07:38:43 PM »
good luck! I am not going to be doing anything super special this year. Just go out for some deer and see if I can get one!

Offline outdoorsforlife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
Well I went up North with a friend I shot with at the Heritage classic Jamboree.   I left Wed am and it was approximately ten hours north with stops and purchases.  I was tagged up fo deer, bear, moose, elk, grouse and cougar. 

We got out hunt four days in a row.  There were sightings of Mules, Bear, Crain, Geese and a grouse.    Weather varried quite a bit... but was relatively good. 

Offline outdoorsforlife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 11:20:06 PM »
Planning on possibly heading out Sunday afternoon.  Maybe 410.  I will put a few pics up of the four day trip.

Any suggestions in 410?  Can I hike past the Nordic center tracks and go off their property towards the river like it shows in I Hunter?  I will buy a new land owner map for the county out their... Any suggestions for the right map?  Things change put there fast.

Offline outdoorsforlife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 10:25:18 AM »
I went up to 410 the last week.  Met a few other bow hunters.  I helped a friend sit for his first traditional treestand hunt.  He didn't check out his tree stand before that and didn't have a safety belt.  I had an extra.  We had elk calling around us in three directions, but one of them seemed to be archery hunters.

I got out West of Cow Lake for Moose Saturday in a valley where I have seen moose before.  As soon as I pull out of my Dad's  yard a little wt buck jumped
Infront of the truck.  Of coarse there was lots of Elk sign and no Moose in the valley.  I saw a Martin.  It was a good walk. Surprisingly low deer sign.

Sunday I fastened my Dad's favorite stand on a clearing.  I saw some deer tracks in the snow and trailed them into the bush.  They did a huge circle and came out right under the stand while I was following them.  That of course is where I spooked them.  It was nice to see three WT's ( one medium buck ).

I have set up a couple targets in the garage.  I put up a ladder beside my bow with a camera on it.  It sits right at the end of my bow hand  to film the draw length. I have put some tape on the arrow and marked off 1/2 inch increments.  Been filming my draw length and practicing my shot sequence.  This has helped me ensure that I am loading the back.
 Seeing small groups.

It's a confidence boost adding shoulder forward, and bow elbow back to load back to the shot sequence.    On the camera I have decreased variation in draw length by loading the back.  Anyways seems to be working for me today.  We will see when the animal appears ;).

Good luck everyone!

Gordon
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:26:57 PM by outdoorsforlife »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©