Author Topic: Best time of year to hunt Kauai?  (Read 760 times)

Offline tenbrook

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Best time of year to hunt Kauai?
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
I have a buddy with a condo in Kauai that I have access to.  Me and a few other bowhunters want to make a hunting trip out there to try our hand at pigs and goats on public land.

Whats the best time of year and what area should we plan on hunting please?  

Thanks!   :thumbsup:

Offline S2 Bowstrings

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best time of year to hunt Kauai?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:28:00 AM »
Sorry, I haven't been there in years...

I would say Na Pali, but I don't know what it's like these days. I heard there was eradication efforts in the past few years.

Sounds like there are a few traditional bowhunters headed there. Hopefully the others will help with info...

Offline Steven E Milbocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
Talked with Mike Vines yesterday and he said the Na Pali coast for sure for pigs. He also said the goats have been eradicated.My boy is setting me up with some locals that hunt there so I'm hoping it works out.My son lives in Kapaa and says there is some hunting close by as well.Leaving Sunday and staying till Feb 11. :)

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
I hunted Napoli coast last April. It was awesome. Goats are NOT eradicated by any means. Saw hog sign in hanakoa valley, but I was there for goats and didn't pursue. Started getting into goats at about the 5 or 6 mile point and saw them all the way out to the end. Killed 3 on the trip.

Offline Steve H.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
I was on the Napali last March. Goat hunting was quite poor compared to the 2007-2009 time period that I hunted 3-4 times but still managed to have close calls on a couple goats and kill a pig.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©