Author Topic: YES!  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Doug Campbell

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: YES!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »
Sure wish I could buddy but looks like the next pig hunt will have to wait a year or so.    :(
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline S2 Bowstrings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 04:10:00 AM »
No worries, time sure flew by.  Thanks again for stopping by the house. Tell Karen that we said hi and have a safe flight back to Montana!

Hey be safe tomorrow, you don't want those white legs to be mistaken for a healthy Oio!!!

Next year I should have a better work schedule and should be able to take more time off!

Aloha Doug and Karen!

Ryan & Staci

Offline S2 Bowstrings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 04:17:00 AM »
Doug on one of our final stalks of the trip. He's only a few yards from the hogs, too bad they were all too small. The bigger ones were too smart and didn't want to come out to play…

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
Too small???? Unless they are hanging on to mom they are good to go! Had some last year that fit nice on the weber   :D  

They both fit together inside my backpack field dressed. Yummmmy!
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline Doug Campbell

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 02:28:00 AM »
Well sitting in the airport waiting for the all night flight back to MT.    :(    We had a wonderful time in the Islands again. Sure makes a nice break in the MT winter.

Yea I know Tom, I've thumped a few of those Habatchi pigs, dandy eating. These little guys couldn't have been four days old though. What I really wanted to do was catch one of em for Staci. Where I'm standing in the pic one was literally right at my feet but the thorns on those weeds were thick. Can't recall her puppy's name but sure would have made a dandy playmate for him.  ;)  What I should have been doing was paying attention cause momma snuck right up on me while I was thinking of making the grab.  ;)
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
Yea Doug, gotta agree, that is a bit on the small side. You should need more than toothpick to skewer them on!
Glad you had a good time, I won't make it this year but hope to again next year. I'm hoping to do the Axis hunt on Lanai.
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline Makua Girl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
Doug, I'm not sure if Hoku would like a little piglet for a playmate. But I know the kids and I sure would! Might get us kicked out of our house by the association, though.

It was so nice spending time with you and Karen again. Looking forward to the next time . . . maybe in Montana?    :thumbsup:

Online Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
Great story

Thanks for sharing...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©