INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2015 Northern Zone deer Hunt moose river plains again  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
2015 Northern Zone deer Hunt moose river plains again
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
I figured we needed a new thread for this season. A few of us are going up for the opening weekend. I look at it as more of a rendezvous to see old friends and live life in the slow lane. Anyone else up for it? Cuz and I will be up on Friday around noon.

Online ronp

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2015 Northern Zone deer Hunt moose river plains again
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:00:00 PM »
I plan on getting up there Saturday morning.  Hopefully the weather is good.  Last year the weather was absolutely amazing.  Maybe a bit warm for deer movement but perfect weather for camping out in one of the more remote areas of the Adirondacks.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Online ronp

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:00:00 PM »
Oh, Izzy, are we going to try to get the same site as last year?
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:12:00 PM »
Ron, I guess Ill try for the big one again, can't remember the number, it was the area just east of where we stayed the 1st year. That area is rich with game. If not, we'll keep trying til we find one we like. Too bad you can't make it up Friday night.

Online ronp

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:00:00 PM »
Friday night.  Hmmm, let me see if I can swing that, Buddy!  How many nights are you planning on staying?
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by ronp:
Friday night.  Hmmm, let me see if I can swing that, Buddy!  How many nights are you planning on staying?
Friday morning thru Sunday at dark.

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
Hay there . It looks like I am starting Hyperbaric treatments soon . 6 days a week for at least 30 day and most likely 3-4 months . I hope I can take a few days off to go too Maryland in October , but  no other trips for me .  I will miss it and good luck too all .

Online ronp

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
We'll miss you Rich.  I enjoyed the company and conversations last year.  Do what the Drs. say and hopefully you'll get to go to Maryland in October.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 06:06:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that Rich. Hope the treatments go well, I too will miss your company.

Online ronp

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
Hey Izzy,
It looks like I may be able to get up there Friday night or afternoon.  That is the goal, anyway.  I usually get outta work at 2:30pm, so I'll try to be packed up and leave right from Syracuse.  Should be up there before dark.

Originally posted by Izzy:
Ron, I guess Ill try for the big one again, can't remember the number, it was the area just east of where we stayed the 1st year. That area is rich with game. If not, we'll keep trying til we find one we like. Too bad you can't make it up Friday night.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by ronp:
Hey Izzy,
It looks like I may be able to get up there Friday night or afternoon.  That is the goal, anyway.  I usually get outta work at 2:30pm, so I'll try to be packed up and leave right from Syracuse.  Should be up there before dark.

Originally posted by Izzy:
[/b]
Good deal Bro, I hope to see you for dinner. Cuz and I will be there around noon hopefully. Ill make a sign and give you more details before we leave. Just listen for lots and lots of laughter, that'll be Ray and I.

Offline woodchucker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
Wish we could make this!!! It's been years since I've hunted the "North Country" & 30+ since I've hunted "The Plains"... Tyler's playing football again this year. They're 2-0 and this weekend they play the other 2-0 team... Gonna be a close, tough game! Both teams are HUNGRY!!! Looks like it's gonna be a great year for them! We'll be looking forward to the stories & pictures... Have Fun!!! Good Luck!!!!!
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Online ronp

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
Anybody else heading to the mountains next week-end?  Looks like super weather for a get together in the plains.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »
Days away now, I'm getting impatient. Putting together my gear the next few days.

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 05:07:00 AM »
Good luck to you all . Looks like you will have good weather .

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
It was absolutely awesome. Will post up my story tonight. Sas Sad to leave the plains and already making plans for next year.

Online ronp

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
I just got back home and need to unpack.  We couldn't have had better weather!  Absolutely perfect.  Even better was the company!  Thanks Izzy and Ray for camping out, you guys are the greatest.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
Forever hopeful while simultaneously doubtful that I or anyone else would kill a deer I again made the pilgrimage north to "The Moose".

Ron and I have spoken many times of what this hunt means to us, just a chance to hunt the fabled land where 50 some odd years ago only a small percentage of hunters traveled back south without at least one good buck sighted. Those days are long gone but the dream is alive in some men, Ron and I are that type of guy.

This year would have a new addition with "Cuz" Ray making it for his first deer camp in the Dacks. He would not be disappointed in the least.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
The drive up for Ray and I was filled with talk of fine bows, family and life aside from hunting, mostly just catching up on a long time since seeing each other last. On arriving in Indian Lake there on the side of the road was a semi prime coyote munching on apples at 3:00 pm, not a common site! We looked him over for a minute but only got a couple grainy pics due to a camera malfunction. Maybe this uncommon spectacle was an omen of things to come.

Once arriving at "The Moose" on the way in to our anticipated campsite we stopped in a small section of brook where Ive taken my share of brook trout over the years to do a bit of tenkara fishing. Water was low and there would be no fire grilled trout that night.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
A few miles down the road, closer to Inlet, we arrived at our desired camping area. No sign of Ron and a lot of camps already occupied, we started driving down the same access road to last years site. With excitement building, hoping that it was not occupied, a big, gray doe bounding across the dirt road 100 yards from our site was an over the top adrenaline rush. We could not deer hunt on Friday anyway as the season was yet to open so we dared not look too long and she vanished into the swampy, river banks area.

A few additional yards down the road and lo and behold, our site was unoccupied. A look around showed an abundance of fresh deer tracks in the sand! Things were looking good to say the least.

While Cuz unpacked the truck, I grabbed my grouse gatherer and began still hunting back to the main road to put out a sign to let Ron know we had our preferred camp. I only made it 100 yards out of camp when I was greeted by Ron himself driving in to look for us. Things just kept getting better. The excitement level was high for me to say the least.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©