INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: It's Giving Tuesday........so  (Read 3728 times)

Offline barkfarm

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: It's Giving Tuesday........so
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2015, 07:25:00 PM »
What a great thing to do. Would you please count me in.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
a real nice thing to do kudos man .do not put me in
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline dahyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »
Greg,
It is at this time I would like to remove myself from the pool.  Long story short my Bear Montana just ordered became a Bear Patriot, so now I am the very proud owner of a high quality long bow @ 65lbs.  And as much as I would love to win another possibly even better bow it should not go to me.  Thanks again for doing this Greg and good luck to all the contestants.
Dave
Professional Sheepdog

Ausable 64" 45#
Grizzly 58" 45#

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
Dave,
Thanks for your honesty and integrity.  Can you keep a secret? I have shot alot of bows and my second most favorite was a Bear Montana.  Why? Because I could hit where I looked more often.  Accuracy is what makes traditional archery fun for me. So it's not how much the bow costs, or how pretty it is, its about the marriage between bow and archer. All marriages talke work, sometimes alot of work.  Greg
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline dahyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »
Haha Thats great Greg.  I actually shoot my grizzly very very well.  I am very happy with the shots I get from it.  I got the Patriot today and it has that crappy bear string on it and it already shoots great.  I have two great setups and that is two more than a lot of people out there.  Anyways once my string from allen arrives I'll be in super shape.  And even with the Montana I would have had two great setups.  Something was wrong with the Montana from the factory and it was the last one thats why I ended up upgrading to the Patriot.  Anyways as long as I am able to fling trad arrows I am going to consider myself fortunate.  I have a secret too Greg.  I am another probably very rare traditional archer vegetarian. LOL
Dave
Professional Sheepdog

Ausable 64" 45#
Grizzly 58" 45#

Offline Wyowhere?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »
Very cool thing to do, I would like to humbly put my name in the hat, 3 years ago I put down my wheel bow and haven't touched it since, been shooting a #55 Samick Sage since then and never regretted the switch.  big thanks for putting this opportunity out there for everyone!

Almost forgot what I dream to shoot, gonna have to say any of the Hill style bows, but there are so many amazing bowyers out there I can't pick a favorite.

Offline Carolina_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »
This is a really generous thing to do.  I'll put my name in the hat too.  I'm new to tradgang, and also to traditional bowhunting.  I've never shot a high end bow before, but I would really love to some day.  I shoot a 45# Howatt "The Stick".  I dream of shooting really any nice high end bow, like a tomohawk bow, because I really do love longbows.  Thanks so much for this opportunity.
~Rylan

“A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” -Fred Bear

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »
I would love to be considered for this. What a awsome gesture. This is why this website is the best place and the people here are some of the finest. Thanks again
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline Basstar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by dahyer:
Haha Thats great Greg.  I actually shoot my grizzly very very well.  I am very happy with the shots I get from it.  I got the Patriot today and it has that crappy bear string on it and it already shoots great.  I have two great setups and that is two more than a lot of people out there.  Anyways once my string from allen arrives I'll be in super shape.  And even with the Montana I would have had two great setups.  Something was wrong with the Montana from the factory and it was the last one thats why I ended up upgrading to the Patriot.  Anyways as long as I am able to fling trad arrows I am going to consider myself fortunate.  I have a secret too Greg.  I am another probably very rare traditional archer vegetarian. LOL
Dave
Dave, your vegetarian comment is somewhat funny, very unique, and something I rarely mention, especially in hunting circles.  

I am about a 95% vegetarian myself, especially after reading the book 'The China Study".  That book really opened my eyes and actually pi$$ed me off a bit.

Since I do eat meat and dairy very rarely, my daughter who is also health and fitness oriented calls us "Flexitarians".  

It is difficult to describe the difference in how my body feels and reacts when I eat meat and when I don't.  Keep up the good work, Dave.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Forgot to mention that a dream bow for me would probably to get my hands on a Wes Wallace or maybe a schaffer Longbow lol I could go on and on there's so many great bowyers.

Offline mlsthmpsn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
I'd like to enter this giveaway too!!! So impressed by the generosity of so many people on here lately!

I have one recurve, my dad's 1963 Hoyt Pro Custom, 66" and 45#. I've actually never shot it, because I don't have arrows yet.

I'd really like to shoot a Hill Style longbow...something about the simple form draws me to them.

Thanks,
MT
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. - Psalm 69:1

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »
You guys are going to be so blessed by Gregs generosity!  And blown away by the bow!

Kudo's to you again Greg   :notworthy:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline dahyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2015, 11:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by Basstar:

Originally posted by dahyer:
Dave
Dave, your vegetarian comment is somewhat funny, very unique, and something I rarely mention, especially in hunting circles.  

I am about a 95% vegetarian myself, especially after reading the book 'The China Study".  That book really opened my eyes and actually pi$$ed me off a bit.

Since I do eat meat and dairy very rarely, my daughter who is also health and fitness oriented calls us "Flexitarians".  

It is difficult to describe the difference in how my body feels and reacts when I eat meat and when I don't.  Keep up the good work, Dave. [/b]
My wife and I are flexitarians as well. I'm lactose intolerant so that's out as well. I hunt because my parents and in laws love deer meat and I love being in the woods. We operate by a when in Rome philosophy. If we attend a friends house serving meat and cheese we eat and are thankful. I don't force it on anyone and feel great and keep a great deal of weight off doing it. Anyways I too have read the china study and I just feel better this way. Good to know there are others out there.
Professional Sheepdog

Ausable 64" 45#
Grizzly 58" 45#

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
Hey guys,

I thought "vegetarian " was an old Indian word for "bad hunter"   :D

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
That's just a fairy tell. It really means you like to shoot the animals a different way....

Offline wooddamon1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2015, 06:07:00 PM »
Very generous of you! I'm looking forward to the drawing...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
Are you wanting in on the drawing wooddamon1?  Or just commenting? 4 1/2 hours till the entries close.

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve right now.  I do have one question. Doesn't anyone shoot or want to shoot Bob Morrison bows these days?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
My buddy has one I got to shoot it this fall and ...WOW but it was a tease I tried to trad him everything but the deed to my house.  Still didn't work. Oh yeah wanted to keep the wife and kids to lol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »
Greg,

I suppose some of these guys haven't been around Trad long enough or recently to keep track with some of the Who's Who's of custom bows.

But some lucky winner will learn tonight!  Boy this is like playing a game of CLUE towards the end.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©