INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: It's Giving Tuesday........so  (Read 5698 times)

Offline Homey88

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: It's Giving Tuesday........so
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:  Very generous of you!

Online kleine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »
I'd like to throw my stepson in. He is 22 years and done with college but hasn't been able to find a full time job. He has been working at a locker this year part time.
I started converting him over this spring to traditional and he really enjoys it. The problem is he always borrowing one of mine.
Striker Fastback 58" 50#@28"
Kanati 58" 48#@28"
Bear T/D - A 56" 47#@28"
Holm-Made Shrike 64" 49#@28”
Holm-Made River Runner Static 58” 48#@28”
Big Jim Buffalo 64" 45#@28

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »
NOT IN... Way cool gesture, I hope that someone appreciates what they are getting.   :clapper:

Offline Jhawk

• Associate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »
Pretty cool and what a treat for someone.  I would like to enter if I may.  I have one bow; a BW PCH Greybark.  Bought the bow used and really like it (shot my first critter, a yote last week).  I would love to one day shoot a Schaeffer Silvertip.  I have never shot a longbow.  Thank you for your generosity.  Sam

Offline JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »
I'll throw my name in here.  Im a trad newbie, but I have a Ben Pearson cougar on the way to my house right now. I have not ever shot a high end recurve or longbow, so I can't really say what my dream bow would be. Even if I'm not selected for this, that's one heck of a nice offer and I'm sure somebody will be very happy.
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28
Maddog Prairie Predator 57" 45@28

Offline Basstar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »
Greg, I'm going to withdraw my name from winning the bow as I see others here who could benefit more from the free bow than I, and I'm buying one for myself.

I highly compliment you sir for the thought, your kindness, and your generosity.  

Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas and Holiday Season.

Offline TxSportsman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
What an excellent gesture and show of generosity!
Northern Mist - American T/D 68" 55@28

Offline TealCoin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
Greg-

Thank you for the kind gesture!  That is just pure awesome of you.  

Currently I am shooting a 45# @28 Gary Taylor Longbow.  I did have a nice savings fund going for a new bow, but seems as though I share a similar giving heart as you, I took the $300 fund I've saved and bought my father-in-law a Samick Journey and fletched him some arrows too.  We do that Christmas at Thanksgiving, and boy was he tickled to death.  Not often do you see a stubborn grown man tear up, but he couldn't hold back.  

My dream bow to shoot would be anything made by Henry Bodnik.  I really enjoy all their videos and believe they make quality archery products.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to receive such a fine gift.  That would just be awesome!

Online Petrichor

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2015, 03:12:00 PM »
I would love to be in. I have a bear grizzly and soon to have a Montana. Never really shot a high end bow save for once at a range I got to shoot a few through a bear take down and it was amazing.  If I'm disqualified because of Montana I just ordered that's cool. But just in case I'm not I have always wanted to shoot a tomahawlk long bow. I don't know many custom bows and such so that's the dream right now. Just got back in sport 3 month ago and am here to stay. Thanks for doing this.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline BenM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »
Please add me to the giveaway.  Currently shooting a Don Dow and dreaming of a shrew,javaman, or thunderchild.
Merry Christmas!

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
Thats very generous. You and others like you is what makes Trangang like family.  Im NOT puting in for it but thank you for making someone a great Christmas.
BigJim thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"

Offline sts_5085

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
Wow, what at generous thing for you to do! I'm pretty new to traditional archery and currently only have one bow, a Samick Sage. I've been shooting traditional archery for about a year now. Earlier this year I was able to take my first ever deer and I did it with my Samick Sage at about 18 yards! I'd love to have the Black Swan bow! I dream of shooting a Black Widow bow since I have read nothing but good things about them, especially how smooth they are to shoot. However, they are out of my price range, but maybe one day. Thank you for performing such a generous act!

Online maineac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
Not in, but what a great way to come back.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2015, 04:54:00 PM »
Greg, I'm not in either but hope your kindness is returned many times over...

Online goobersan

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
Just another example of the great people here at Tradgang! I have no bow to shoot at the moment so put me in please. I've only shot bows I've made or made by others. The last one had a nasty break. I could also help with a string if a B50 flemish is requested. Just let me know

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2015, 09:24:00 PM »
I believe we have some more great TradGang generosity. I think we have a string maker to provide a string.  This is the list so far, let me know if I missed someone.

Basstar (Withdrew Name Honorably)
Nantahala Nut
Oznative
ebeard
Brandon Chislom
varmint101
kleine (stepson)
Jhawk
JakeD 
TealCoin
dahyer
BenM
sts_5085
goobersan
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline RJonesRCRV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
Ill take my chances with this.

I have been shooting my Samick Sage 50# since 2012.  Seems quite a few of the others are using the same bow as I am.

If I could go get any bow right now, I would go get a longbow from Tom Parsons at Kimsha, one of his is the only longbow I've ever shot and it was nice.

Good luck, everyone!  I have to say I am surprised and delighted by the generosity of the members on tradgang.

Thanks for the opportunity, Greg!
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
Kimsha 'Boo Bow 56#
USMC 2005-2010

Online GDPolk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the chance. I'd like to get in on it. My dream bow would be a nice 45-55lb take down. My only bow is in my signature line. I guess the one I'd want the most would be a Sarells Blueridge SR.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"
GT Traditional 5575 - 238gr up front for 22% FOC

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
I have a custom Tall Tines Recurve that I absolutely love, I don't need the bow.

Just wanted to saw awesome gesture on your part!
Associate PBS member NRA member BHA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Not for me, but I have a Viet Nam Vet friend who is 100% disabled.  We used to bowhunt, but he has given up hunting.  It could be a way to encourage him again.  He is suffering from early onset of dementia or  Alshiemers.  Frankly speaking, I don't know if he could do shoot it or not.

If he was selected, I would provide him with appropriate arrows and shooting glove or tab as he prefers.  If it is out of the realm of his abilities, I would pass the bow on.

It would need to be no more than 40# or so.  In any event,  whether he is the recipient or not, thanks for a wonderful gesture.
Gary
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©