INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: It's Giving Tuesday........so  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
It's Giving Tuesday........so
« on: December 01, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
I decided to give. I have been away for 5-6 years from Trad Gang. Before I left, I had acquired 4 'nice' bows. I have a Griffen TD longbow, a Kanati lonbow, a Black Swan Wave (longbow??) with wood handle, and a ....nope, not going to tell you - YET.  This last bow is a 60" longbow that is spec'd at 54# @ 28".  I would like to give this bow to a new home. I will even pay the shipping.  I would like to limit this giveaway to people who have only one bow or who have never shot a higher end bow. So if you'd like to enter, please reply in this thread with the bow you currently shoot and what bow you dream to shoot.  I will pick a winner on Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2015 at 9pm Pacific time and ship the bow to them. I will post pics of the bow then too. There is one problem with the bow that I know of. It lacks a 57 1/8" string.  The winner will have to supply that. Best wishes to all and to all a Happy Holiday season.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: It's Giving Tuesday........so
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »
Well Done Greg   :thumbsup:    :campfire:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
I've got lots of bows and not in need of another. But I would like to say, Kudos to you on your generosity. This is an extremely selfless act on your part.

You will not find this anywhere else!

Offline Basstar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
Win this bow or not, I compliment you on this gesture.  Of course I would love to win this bow!

I'm a new "returning" traditional archer who bought a compound around 35 years ago and just this a couple of months ago decided to come back to my roots of traditional archery where it originally began.  

I sold the compound and now own a Hoyt ILF/ Axiom recurve to learn and practice but will be hunting with a longbow next season.

Thanks for the opportunity and thanks for sharing, no matter who the lucky winner is.

Offline Matty

• Associate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:48:00 PM »
That super cool of you. I don't need it. But there's gonna be a lucky someone out there!
   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline carbonflyr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »
:notworthy:   :notworthy:

Offline bobreeks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 09:17:00 AM »
Very generous gesture. I'll put my name in.Currently shoot a Prairie Predator long bow. Thank you, Bob

Online Bisch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 09:34:00 AM »
I too, am not to be included, but could not leave after reading your post without giving you the kudos you deserve!

:notworthy:    :notworthy:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    

Bisch
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :clapper:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline DanielB89

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
There is one problem with the bow that I know of. It lacks a 57 1/8" string.  The winner will have to supply that. Best wishes to all and to all a Happy Holiday season. [/QB]
is it FF compatible?  If so, I have one I will donate.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Online 23feetupandhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 09:37:00 AM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
I'll throw my boonie in the ring.  I am new to trad this year and fairly new to bow hunting. I almost went with a compound and then I found tradgang and the amount of info and good folks made trad much less daunting.  Right now I am shooting a Samick sage at 45# until I get my form good enough to justify a nicer bow.  I have never shot a longbow and would love to own one. Something about that classic look just speaks to me.  If I get the bow I will eventually pass it on down the line so someone else can enjoy it.  Good shooting to whoever gives this bow a good home.

Offline Oznative

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 09:47:00 AM »
I’ll throw my name in the hat too. I think it is a very noble gesture for you to give away a bow.  I just recently returned to traditional archery.  I’m shooting the bow I had as a teenager.  An old Bear Kodiak hunter 60# at 28”   I pull 29” and I’m way over bowed!!  I just turned 60 and seemed to have lost some strength.  I’m in the market for a new bow though.  Just trying to justify the expenditure. I love every aspect of traditional archery.
Bear Kodiak Hunter 1960's vintage 60# at 28"
Diamondback venom longbow 45# at 28"
Diamondback venom recurve 47# at 28"

Online Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »
Fantastic!  I am not "in" but had to give you..   :thumbsup:

Online Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
Not in but will say in this day and age when people think it is OK to take advantage of others with all types of scams your generosity is a JOY to see. GOOD ON YOU!

Online Bud B.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »
I have too many bows....my wife says.

NOT IN, but am on the "thanks for the generosity" bandwagon  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline ebeard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
Wow!  That's great!  I shoot a Bear Grizzly I bought in January.  It's 50# at 28", and I think I pull closer to 29".  I have also made a self-bow out of red-oak as a first attempt at bowyery, so I reckon that disqualifies me to be in the running, but I think what you're doing is awesome. Congrats to the lucky winner!
Eric Beard

“A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” -Fred Bear

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
I would like to put in the name of my son-in-law Brandon Chislom.  He works 70 hours a week in grounds keeping.  Doesn't have a computer.  And, is in the delivery room right now for his first son.  He has a passion for traditional archery.  His old bow blew up on him last year.  I doubt he ever will have a high end bow. This would be a awesome gift.  I have a string for him.  Thanks for the opportunity.  Jeff Harper
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »
As has been said, great gesture on your part. I have too many bows already and yours is a mite bit heavy anyway. I'm sure it will go to a deserving party.   :clapper:
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Online varmint101

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
Wow what a gesture!  Thanks for the opportunity! I shoot a 3Rivers DAS Dalaa. Two bows I've always wanted to shoot have been a Black Widow PL and a Greg Coffee Elkheart.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©