INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Public Land Hunters  (Read 624 times)

Offline The Gopher

• Trad Bowhunter
Public Land Hunters
« on: June 21, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
I'm not asking anyone to give up their hotspots, just wondering who regularly hunts and takes game off of public land?

I saw a large non typical this year but never had a shot.
"The future is, of all things, the thing least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, for the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is all lit up with eternal rays." ~C.S. Lewis

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Public Land Hunters
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
I only hunt public land and rarely take game - ha! I know during my compound years it was rare if I didn't get one. I believe it to be a time issue rather than a land type issue.

Online mjh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
Used to hunt a lot of public land, finally started seeming some deer and other game after a time,  as rraming said  lots of time to find a spot, maps can be your friend too....travel corridors and pinch spots..but intensive time on the ground...

Offline seabound

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
I try on public land, but typically the land is so over hunted I don't see much.

Any small game hunters out there?
The only physical manifestation of Zen is archery

Offline Kudu Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
I have hunted public land for the last 13 years.  I have been very lucky to take a deer just about every year.  Unfortunately, bucks are few and far between.

But I am happy with a mature doe. I shot a very nice doe last weekend.  I have my buck tag to fill now.  Hopefully I can fill it before the orange army takes to the woods.  After gun season on public land, you are lucky to even see a deer here.

Keith

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©