3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang 2018 St Judes Auction ~ BIDDING IS CLOSED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Author Topic: Anyone in North, La  (Read 217 times)

Online DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone in North, La
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
are there any traditional archers in North Louisiana?  I am in the Monroe area and don't know of hardly anyone else shooting traditional.  Would love to get together and shoot with some fellow tradgangers!

Daniel
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Offline DeepRiverSticks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone in North, La
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Daniel, don't know of the number of Traditional archers there are in the Monroe area. Louisiana Traditional Bowmen has a New area advisor in Bastrop. We are the state organization, and have members in that part of the state. If you are interested in meeting Traditional archers LTB is a good way to do it. We also are going to have a hunt on Boeuf WMA in your area in November. I'll send you our summer newsletter, it has a membership application in it.  It also has Charlie's contact info in it,(area advisor).

Online DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:44:00 PM »
Thank you, replied about the boeuf hunt.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Offline DeepRiverSticks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Your more than welcome, hopefully you can find some trad guys close by. If you got the newsletter, you can see LTB has 2 shoots a year. Our state shoot, the Sterling Harrell and North vs South shoot.  This coming year it looks like we might move the N vs S shoot to Alexandria, hoping that we get more shooters from the northern part of the state. Call or email Mr. Hudson in Bastrop maybe y'all can get together .

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »
Daniel,
I'm in Bastrop. I'm the Mr. Hudson mentioned above, although I'd much rather be called Charlie. I've been trying to find some folks in this area that shoot traditional so we could have some get togethers & do some shooting. Shoot me a PM or email and we'll see what we can come up with. Looking forward to meeting you.
Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline StickSlinger74

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
I don't live in Monroe but have family there and a camp bordering Boeuf WMA in Hebert.  I'm up there several times a year!  I'll pm you next trip up and we can meet to sling some arrows!

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
I can actually spit into Beouf River Wildlife area. I would like to find out more about this hunt in November. I will be in Ohio at the Christian Bowhunters of America hunt at Tar Hollow the first week of Novemebr but may be able to do both. I live in Columbia on hwy 4 east. We can try to get together sometime. I work away so just PM me and let's see what we can do........ Dusty Steele
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
Dusty,
Let me know when ya'll are going to try to get together and I'll try to meet up with ya'll.
Thanks,
Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Online DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
Dusty, would you happen to have a sister named Paige?

Online DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
Are you guys planning on hunting with us on on the Beouf River WMA hunt?

Online DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
Are you guys planning on hunting with us on on the Beouf River WMA hunt?

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
Looks like we might need to get together and do a little hunting. Things are going to be a little busy for me till the first of December. Maybe we could get together after that.  If you get a chance go to the stories tab here and read my story about the deer I killed in my avatar. It will give you a lot of information on the hunt put on by the Christian Bowhunters of American. Check it out
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Online DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 11:51:00 PM »
I will check it out.

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
Sorry Daniel I didn't read your post good. Paige is my Daughter. I'm her mean old dad. LOL! The one all you boys thought was on the crazy side. She would tell me that boys would tell her they would have ask her out but they didn't want to talk to me..
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Online DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Lol.  Small world!  One day when i'm headed down to my grndfathers, i'llhave to drop by and see you.  He lives by the ferry so i drive by your house every time i'm headed that way!  

I'd sure like learn a few things from an old timer! :)

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
I don't know how much I could teach you will show you what I know for sure
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Offline Darwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »
I am very new to the traditional side of archery. Trying to make the switch from a compound. I live in West Monroe.
Civilized life has altogether grown too tame, and, if it is to be stable, it must provide a harmless outlets for the impulses which our remote ancestors satisfied in hunting.  
 Bertrand Russell

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
I maybe relocating to the Monroe area in the very near future, due to work. I am glad to there are few of our kind in the area. Once I move I will try to get in touch with some of you.

Ricky
Now in kansas
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©