INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Moving to Red Deer  (Read 113 times)

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
Moving to Red Deer
« on: June 26, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »
Hi Gang!!
My family is moving to Red Deer. My wife and two kids will be arriving next week. Myself and another son probably in October. We are coming from the Philippines and I am already shivering just thinking of winter. Hope I can get to meet some of you guys, maybe shoot a few arrows and hunt. Will need all the help I can get knowing hunting regs and such, and sourcing supplies. Anybody from the Red Deer area?  Cheers!!
Gil
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Moving to Red Deer
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »
Welcome to Canada, you're going to love the winter  :)    I'd suggest looking at taking the hunter education course offered by AHEIA (alberta hunter education instructors association). Then joining a fish and game club to get to know people.  There's also the alberta traditional Bowhunters association....you must know about it because you're in the forum  :)

Hunting in alberta involves a lot of regulations and it's important that you figure them out before going out.  Bet hunting regulation book from a licence insuerer and read it front to back.  You'll be ready to hunt a year after youve moved here I think.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:00 PM »
I am in Red Deer as I type this...keep in touch...I live 40 minutes from here...hard to imagine a better place for a Trad Bowhunter to move to

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline brohymn2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:23:00 AM »
Welcome

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »
Thanks guys!!  Appreciate everything
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Just an update guys. My wife and I decided to stay in Edmonton instead.  My eldest son wanted to continue his college education there. I have three boys. The eldest and youngest is already there with my wife.  I will be there around October.
Hope to get ro shoot with some of you.
Cheers! !

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
Already here in Edmonton guys, staying at 95 Creston place (143 ave 53 st). Anybody near me?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©