INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: bow on quad?  (Read 594 times)

Offline Cowboy Al

• Trad Bowhunter
bow on quad?
« on: September 28, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
Anyone have any neat or unique ways they carry their longbow or recurve on a quad? There's a couple spots that I like to call moose from that requires a substantial quad ride in. I'm thinking I'll rig up a pvc pipe to encase it and mount it on my quad like a gun boot.
Thoughts?

Offline trubltrubl

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bow on quad?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
Scott that is probably the best way....I have only a few times used my quad while bowhunting....once Bear hunting many moons ago....I strapped it on the front rack and it was a 60" recurve and the trail was wide enough that it did not have a chance to get caught...With my longbow  I attached it loosely to the front rack in a soft case and ran it beside my leg to the back and held it with one hand and drove slow...not a great idea...I think the PVC is a great idea....(this was before I had takedown bows)
Maybe you should buy another QUARTERMOON BOW....a two piece takedown.....and then the problem is solved....and you have another great bow...
good luck

by the way I have a friend coming up to hunt moose this week and we are going to go at it hard...the rut should be starting right now...

Offline trubltrubl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Scott by the way I have a couple of PVC cases..you could certainly borrow one if you were up this way..but the gas is probably more expensive than making one at home....if you make one remember if the bow has reflex and deflex to measure your overall WIDTH OF THE PROFILE when  unstrung as the more radical reflex deflex bows require a larger diameter  pvc tube....

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
If it's a long ride in then a takedown bow is probably the best idea.  I've wrecked so much equipment food on a quad. its a pain to reassemble the bow but probably that time is made up because you can drive without fear of bashing the bow up.  

Recently I hiked in with my bow and I took it all down and put it in the pack.  I missed the opportunity at a couple of chickens but the bow was safe and sound and I could scramble around without fear of hurting myself or the bow.

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
PVC tube from the back rack past your leg under the bars and to the front rack.

That's what I would do.
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline Cowboy Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
We're all on the same page. I'll prob modify my travel pvc tube and make it work.
I have a wrap around rear quad box. I'm not sure if my Quartermoon takedown recurve aka Red Baron can snake its way into it. If so problem solved!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©