INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: An aussie heading to Canada...  (Read 465 times)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
An aussie heading to Canada...
« on: January 06, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Gday guys,

Just thought I'd pick a bit of local knowledge as I am booked in for a hunt for black bear in June this year.

My plan thus far is to fly into Calgary, spend a few days travelling up to Prince George in BC where I am being picked up for my 7 day spot and stalk hunt.

After the hunt i"ll then be driving to Vancouver in BC and flying out from there.

Naturally I am wanting to see some of Calgary - mainly any good hunting stores etc - before I take my time driving north in BC via Banff onto PG.

So guys… give me your tips on places to see and maybe stay on my adventure!

Cheers,

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Dog Walker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: An aussie heading to Canada...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »
Gday mate.  Hope you get a big bear on your hunt.   :)
Cari-Bow Tuktu Ex 55#@28"
TT Pinnacle II 55#@28"

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
For sure you'll want to drive the Icefields Parkway between Banff and Jasper. One of the most scenic highways in the world.

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
There's Bass Pro shop in Airdrie just north of Calgary.
Maybe you will see a Grizzly. They're increasing in numbers.
Good Luck on your hunt!
Genesis 1:1

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 03:34:00 AM »
Hi guys,

That is the very road I will be taking up to Prince George...

Other then that I'll just be taking in as much as I can with the 3 days either side of my hunt. I will be driving back down to Vancouver after the hunt and again spending 3 days to do it in...

As a side note; I'm keen into Crossfit so I'll be hitting the local boxes for my fix when in Canada.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
Hi Al,
if you are spending a little time in Calgary you might want to stop at "Wholesale Sports" it is a Hunting/ Fishing/ Camping kinda store, nothing really too exciting though, and next to nothing for Trad stuff.
If you are going through Edmonton you might want to stop and see Jack Kempf, should be good for your Trad fix!
Let me know if I can do anything for you from this end, I am about 2 1/2 hrs south of Calgary.
Sounds like an awesome adventure, good luck!
Regards.
Bert.

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
June, I'd bet there will be some good gopher shooting if this winter doesn't kill them all.  We could set up a gopher sap hair for yu if you want to take a day to do it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©