INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Remember these ? WA archery history  (Read 324 times)

Online elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Remember these ? WA archery history
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »

Each year the Washington State Archery Association would put out this publication. I used to buy mine at Northwest Archery.

It listed all the hunting units with maps, each unit had an assigned representative with an address for contacting them. Very helpful when hunting a new area. It also had a list of the Washington State record animals by species. I spent many hours bending the pages of these booklets.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Remember these ? WA archery history
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »

Another bit of Washington Bowhunting history .... 1979 edition of the WSB newsletter ... photo by Steve Gorr   How would you like to see those two whoppers with a sheep tag in your pocket.

In 1977 I drew a tag for Clements Mt and chased them around for ten days but the sheep won that contest.  Those where the good old days, I could hunt from the top of Clements Mt down to Sveens tavern have lunch and hunt back up before dark set in. Sveen's is no longer there but the sheep are, you can go see them at the feeding station in the winter. Oh to be young again.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Remember these ? WA archery history
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing these. I need to learn more about WA state bowhunting history.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©