INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Anyone Bowfishing?  (Read 311 times)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone Bowfishing?
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
I know members Chris Hill and Wayne Fontenelle were recently doing some carp hunting at Moses Lake on May 5th.  They reported a pretty good shoot with a little spawing in progress.  Chris got a double, so it must have been hot.

It's now close to 90 degrees at the lake, so I'm expecting some hot action in the next few days.
Lon Scott

Offline csimpson

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone Bowfishing?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:43:00 AM »
Went to Moses Lake, Friday May 2nd really slow not much action, no spawning in progress. Ended up arrowing 7 carp found 1 good spot. Going again tomorrow, I'll let you know how it was.

Chuck
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
I was there May 9 and 10 and we found it pretty slow with no splasing or activity.  We got a few shots, but figure the heat was keeping them out in deeper water.  

We did encounter a 4' long gopher snake with a beautiful pattern (sorry no pic taken).  We just let it go, but would have been tempting if there had been a twin with it.  They would look nice on a bow!
Lon Scott

Offline csimpson

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »
Lon,
Went to Moses lake again today, ended up shooting 21 carp in about 4hrs.  Like you stated no splashing very little activity. Found a couple of good funnels between pools shot 6 in one and 15 in the other, standing in mid-thigh deep water the entire time. Missed many more than I shot. Had a great time.

Chuck
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bdgr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
does anyone know of any good spots closer to spokane, we would be coming from Idaho and was wondering if the spokane river north and west of spokane would have some good spots.  I have a shallow water duck boat for access. Any info would be appreciated.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©