INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Game Unit 564 HELP  (Read 156 times)

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Game Unit 564 HELP
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about purchasing a Washington tag to extend my archery season. Unit 564 is my best bet.

Does anyone know of public land holdings in this unit or an area to start?

Timber company names etc.?

I can do my own scouting and research. I am just looking for areas off of certain roads where there are road closures that I can hunt.

Anything would be helpful.

Thanks,

Paul
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Game Unit 564 HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »
All the timber lands are open to hunt and their are some public lands available as well.  There are a lot of elk and a fair number of bears in the units in that area.  I like to hunt the Bear River and Willipa Hills Units during the late season.  I know that L.E. Carrol and a group of trad gang members are hunting in that general area late season this year.

I camp at Snag Lake which is a DNR campsite with free camping.  I have seen deer around the lake, have found elk fairly close to the lake and all over the area.  I personally see more elk and more hunters when hunting the Bear River Unit.   The real key is to use the closed roads to get some access and the drop thru the brush close to the road to the clear areas to hunt. I also like to focus on open creek bottoms when I can find them.  The elk love to feed in them.  Be ready to get wet.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Game Unit 564 HELP
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
Lowell,

Thanks for the input. I have a couple of guys that are going to show me around 2 different units. 564 is a tough one to find areas to hunt.
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©