INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lookin' fer elk  (Read 159 times)

Offline Ray Borbon

• Trad Bowhunter
Lookin' fer elk
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
September is coming and time always passes faster than I expect. I went down into the area where I am hunting last weekend and will do a couple more camping trips before hunting season opens on elk and deer. Bear is open on monday but I don't expect I will have much time for bear.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer so far.

Offline BigArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lookin' fer elk
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
I have been planning a camping/scouting trip just about every weekend so far this summer.  getting pretty good at the planning part.  The doing part seems to always take a back seat to some part of finishing the house and landscaping. Sometimes even work gets in the way. Like this weekend coming up. Work and a chili contest. The family and I are making up a batch of "Elk Camp Chili".  Hopefully some sourdough to go with it.

I am really trying for a scouting trip the weekend before school starts for the grandson. Over to the coast if I don't decide to try somewhere else this year.  Better make up my mind soon I suspect.

I second the hopes for a good summer.

Offline ren sarns

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
3 weeks ago put out 5 trail cams, and did a lot of hiking around.  In 2 weeks will go pull cards and setup the tree stands and ground blinds.  Just got back from family vacation to Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Little Bighorn, Badlands and Devils tower..... now its time to hunt!
WSAA/TBW/NFAA

NAVY MCPO - RETIRED

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
The Elk are on the back burner early season.  I am focusing on getting Tricia and Morgan into their first deer and first big game animals with bows early season.  I just switched jobs at the City,  so I will not be taking any of my accrued vacation time until late season.  

It is going to be tough, camping on the river, fishing for steelhead in between hunting spots, chasing blacktails where they are very abundant, campfires at night with a battle buddy who just switched to Trad.  Plus the elk do occasionally pass thru where we are hunting so I might get a shot off at one early season.  Toss in early Goose and some flu flus second weekend of season and it is cast and blast time.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©