INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Follow Up to "Jesse's Bow"  (Read 231 times)

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
Follow Up to "Jesse's Bow"
« on: December 26, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
All of you who received your "Toxopholite" now know about Jesse's bow and the fun we had building it.  I really enjoyed spending time with Jesse and exposing him and his dad to laminated bow building.   We meant to keep in touch, and maybe even go shooting, but, well, he got busy with school and young folks stuff and the rains came.  (Man, did the rains come!)  I hit some potholes on the health road and got behind on some projects and we haven't gotten together since the bow project.  

Much to my surprise, when I got home from shopping on Friday, there was a small package tucked in between my doors.  What a surprise I got on Christmas morning!  

Back when we were working, Jesse had mentioned that he was visiting a blacksmith and getting some coaching in that as well, but I didn't think too much of it.   I was totally floored by the gift and the thoughtfulness.   Jesse did this himself.  This is a small, but heavy, knife with a stout blade and a fairly blunt point... perfect for someone who seems to spend a fair amount of time digging arrows out of trees!  I thought you might enjoy knowing about this followup to the bow story.  Needless to say, I think Jesse's a great kid!
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Follow Up to "Jesse's Bow"
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
Very nice. Lot's of heart put into that knife for sure. Congrats.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Ray Borbon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Follow Up to "Jesse's Bow"
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
I read your story in the latest toxophilite. I thought it was a great little story. It looks like you made a good friend :-)

Users currently browsing this topic:

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©