INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Columbia Sturgeon  (Read 187 times)

Offline Ray Borbon

• Trad Bowhunter
Columbia Sturgeon
« on: July 25, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
Summer time is great for sturgeon and we were lucky enough to land a few nice ones yesterday.

Thought I would share since I noticed some other guys sturgeon fish here. My friend Mike has the boat and offered up another trip. He's the sturgeon expert. I call him the sturgeonator.

This is not a sturgeon but it wanted to pay us a visit on the boat.

A typical catch.

Here's Mike's big fish.

The biggest one of the day I caught and here's my friend Mike with my fish.

Here's me and my buddy.

Online Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Columbia Sturgeon
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
Nice pics and nice Sturgeon.  :thumbsup:    That big one looks like a 6-8 foooter, huh?  ...and 150-200#.

A group of us went on a charter trip last month in the Columbia.  Lots of fun to catch, and not too bad to eat either.

By the way, the Moses Lake newspaper reported an 8 footer, 200 lb. sturgeon washed up on shore last month with a fish arrow in it.  :(
Lon Scott

Offline Ray Borbon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
The largest one was probably over 7 feet. The smaller one is probably between 6-7 feet. I couldn't say anything about the weight other than they fight like a monster and moving them around is difficult.

I agree with you that they are great eats.

That's too bad about that sturgeon. I understand people make mistakes but it is hard for me to understand how a sturgeon looks like a carp. Having never tried shooting arrows at carp I can't say for sure though.

Online Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
They have an annual carp tournament in Moses, so I expect some over-zealous competitor took a long shot underwater.

...and I know someone who accidentally put a fish arrow in a 7 lb bass (thought it a carp).
Lon Scott

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
i wonder if them big sturgeon will ever figure it out.they been caught who knows how many times each.someday they might just learn to flop over on their backs and lay there cause they know they wont get ate.  :laughing:    :laughing:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©