INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Moses Lake  (Read 304 times)

Offline ANGRY ELF

• Trad Bowhunter
Moses Lake
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
I would like to thank Sun Basin Archers and all the others that helped with a great weekend   :clapper:
Louie
WINDAGE AND ELEVATION

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Moses Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:28:00 PM »
On behalf of all the volunteers who helped make it happen I’ll say, “You are most welcome.” Quite a bit of work goes into it; but to the person I think they’d all agree that it is a labor of love.

The sight of a three-year-old boy toting a bow, wearing a back quiver with arrows, makes it worthwhile in itself. But, significantly, also there were men like Gail Martin and Larry Hatfield who have been into archery for over half a century. The cross section of archers at the Moses Lake Rock Shoot is a poignant representation of archery’s proud past and its’ hopeful future.
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
I don't know if Sun Basin Archers has anything to do with the shoot anymore? But it was a great shoot. The weather was great but still too early for carp.
It is great that we have such good people in TBW to put on shoots as good as this one. It is still my all time favorite shoot to go to. Thanks guy's.
Chris.

Offline ren sarns

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
This was my first year,  a big thank you to Dale and all the volunteers!  By far the most fun I have ever had at a shoot!  Yes Dale, the best part of the shoot was seeing all the children enjoying this sport/lifestyle that we love.  They are the future!  Once again thanks for all the hard work!
WSAA/TBW/NFAA

NAVY MCPO - RETIRED

Offline Paul the Viking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
When I got home from work last night, I came in the door and the first thing my three year old son Wyatt said was, "That hog was moving and I nailed him!"  I suspect we'll be talking about the Moses Lake shoot for some time.  Thanks for a great shoot and we can't wait for the next one.
Paul

Offline Retired Master Chief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
Great work by all who make this shoot possible.  This was my first Rock Shoot and definately not my last.  I had a blast and my arm almost fell off.  Recommend it for those recovering from shoulder surgery.  No other therapy required. Mine only gets stronger.

Don
Don

Longbows, Recurves, Selfbows...
Woodies, Aluminums, Carbons...
Retired Navy (1979-2009)

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
The wife and I were behind a father and his two young boys.  He told the 2 or 3 year old to climb down around the cliff and shoot the cougar up close.  The boy looked up and said I am gonna nail that cougar dad!  it was the best line of the shoot in my book.  Tricia took third place in her division which really excited her since she has only been shooting trad for 6 months.

We both want to thank all the folks who worked hard to make it a great shoot.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Sean1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
Thanks for all the hard work everyone!. the rock shoot is my favorite! kudos to the person who made the running hog target! oh hell! kudos to ALL those who helped. I'm glad the archery past trailer showed up too! what kinda idiot forgets his bowstring! ME! don't forget, the tacoma sportsmens club will have the St. Charles shoot  aug. 21-22 (trad only)
didn't lay enough dirt down, saw it right off!

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »
Had a great time... Enjoyed seeing a lot of new "old friends".... Really happy to have Clay and his beautiful wife Trish camping with me... I even "scored" two of his "Beautiful Hawks".  :thumbsup:  

Got to shoot with "Dick from Seattle" and was really impressed by the way he makes those light wt. bows he builds, perform.  Top notch guy and top shelf bows.  :thumbsup:  

To all that helped in making this the wonderful shoot that it is..... Thank you all soooo  much.  :notworthy:    :clapper:    :clapper:  

Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Cascade Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »
Dale,Rick, and all the other workers, you made one fine shoot.Was great to see everyone again.I'ts my hopes I'm around for many more.What was the final cound? Seemed to be down from last  year.See you all in Packwood.GR(not related to PR)
Hickman "Critter Gitter,Lee Thunderbolt.

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
The last I heard was we had around 280 people signed up. I think last year was our record with 300 something.

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
We decided to keep the Sun Basin Archers logo on the scorecard to serve as a reminder of who started that shoot in the first place. They got the ship up and sailing and TBW has just tried to keep it on the right course. And a man who was one of the pillars of that club, Mike Prior (along with his son Nate), is still key to the set-up of the shoot today.

There were 287 archers. The attendance was down about 6% from last year (305).

Hey, Sean. I am pretty sure it is Larry A. who has your prize for being the first "archer-turned-spectator" in the One Arrow Shoot. Congrats! ;~)
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Offline Sean1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
carbon arrows are pretty tuff! except when the knock pops off and flies, to who knows where! thanks again and I'll get in touch w/ Larry!

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
Yeah, that happened to one guy in our group, too; and I've been around them before and saw that happened. Have you ever tried giving it a wrap of plumbers tape (or something similar) to create a bit more friction? Or are they too snug?
-Jay Massey

Offline Sean1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »
for the one arrow shoot! high impact gorilla glue!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©