INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Your Thoughts on this...  (Read 166 times)

Offline Cascade Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
Your Thoughts on this...
« on: March 28, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
Going to the game dept,requesting a club donation of one tag per year to auction off at our yearly banquet.Have the tag rotate so each year we have a different big game animal tag to auction.Giving consideration to the other user groups as well.Muledeer foundation,Muzzle Loaders ect.With this rotation of one tag, eventually we would have a moose, sheep bull elk.We could fine tune this after we discuss it at our meeting at Moses Lake.GR
Hickman "Critter Gitter,Lee Thunderbolt.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your Thoughts on this...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:42:00 AM »
I would rather have a raffle than an auction....
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Offline Cascade Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
My thoughts were , we already have raffles...that benefits the state.We need an auction to help raise revenue for the club.Where I got this Idea...At the banquet Sat nite, the Alaskan Bowhunters had One Musk Ox tag and a Tok Dall Sheep permit to Auction.This helps give funding to organizations that help promote hunting.Kind of like the game dept giving a little back to the folks who write their pay checks.
Hickman "Critter Gitter,Lee Thunderbolt.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Not a bad idea, except I agree it should be a raffle for the club with fairly costly tickets.  Adding another Governors tag type ticket for a private clubs benefit where only the rich guys can buy in smacks a bit of elitism.  Not trying to make anyone mad here, but that is how the idea of another auction hit me.  I heard a bighorn sheep tag went for $55 to 60 thousand this year in Washington state. That price excludes all the hunters who want to go, but are not well healed.  In my view the state should have added that tag to the annual draws and let everyone put in for it, they still make money, and anyone who pays can draw.  

Which particular club are we talking about TBW or one club in the state's many?

I like the idea and think the state should participate in this type of event to give something back to those who fund it.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
I believe GR is trying to help out the club's finances, therefore, auction is the way to go...especially if somebody is going to bid several thousand.
Lon Scott

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©