INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Nason Creek for Trad only....  (Read 278 times)

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nason Creek for Trad only....
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
There isn't room on the calendar for another season. But there may be room in the WDFW for a change of some kind that would give those with the least amount of impact on the resources more time in the field, like it used to be before technology encroached on the primitive seasons. I would say write a letter to Director Phil Anderson at the WDFW explaining your reasons for wanting it. If the reasoning is sound it might gain traction. I think I recall the director (when he was interim director) saying that he likes the idea of limiting technology in primitive seasons; I could be mistaken so I need to ask him that when I get the chance.
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Offline just'ncase

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
I'll start writing that letter.I wrote leters last yr when they propose shortening archery. I stated in my letters that I would to see a trad only season like Oregon's.I believe ore season starts in late august.
I don't see why wash trad season could'nt start then?

Offline Cascade Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
If Glen StCharles and the others responsable for all our early seasons had the..."well, they wouldn't go for it" attitude, we would have missed out on alot of fun years.Being one who has hiked the Chiwakum drainage , and all the rest of the Nason Unit, We don't have enough traditional archers in the entire state to impact the animals of that unit one bit,even if we were all in there at one time.That would be about one hunter every hundred acres.With all the reprod now after years of logging, Nason should be in it's prime.There is so much cover in them hills.Them Big bucks would bed down and let you walk right by them.GR
Hickman "Critter Gitter,Lee Thunderbolt.

Offline Ray Borbon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »
The spirit of your message is accurate. However I still do not personally want to be confined to one single core area to hunt deer. Especially when there are arguably better places to hunt in this state. Some closer to me as I see this area is closer to you   :)  

Your assertion below which I have quoted would justify not only a traditional tag for this area (Nason Creek) but effectively the entire state. Therefore I think that a larger more opportunistic proposal would be in order.

We don't have enough traditional archers in the entire state to impact the animals of that unit one bit,even if we were all in there at one time.
Them Big bucks would bed down and let you walk right by them.
I would hope that the only reason I walked by was because I was going after a bigger buck.   :D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©