INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Late Elk Season  (Read 159 times)

Offline BigArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Late Elk Season
« on: November 22, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
Hi,
I will be going out for the late elk season.  Southwest area,  Willapa hills maybe.  Anyone else got time left to spend hunting.  I'll be going out the second week of December.
I better double check my rain gear also.  

BigArcher

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Late Elk Season
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »
??? I am bouncing in and around Willapa and Fall River in the mornings after dropping the girls off at school.... Heading down to Bear River next weekend.....When you gonna be down? where?
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Offline BigArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
I went down yesterday and back today. I tried camping out last night and BRRRRR it was cold.  I saw two cow elk. But in the wrong area and a couple of does.  All the sign was frozen.  In other words it wasn't still in the elk when I saw it.  
I went into the Bear River area just south of Naselle (sp?)  covered a couple of ridges last night and a different couple this morning. Nothing there but a couple of cold looking birds.
 If your heading out this coming weekend, I could be talked into driving back down.  I hated to give up so easy but didn't want to spring for a motel.

BigArcher

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
With sundown at 4:30 and temps in the single digits, the nights are reallllly long.  A warm motel room would be my choice over your setup.  Good luck if you return.
Lon Scott

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 03:26:00 AM »
Big Archer,

I don't think we have met but....
I had that Older Winnebago motorhome parked at MP5 between Naselle and the Astoria Bridge..with the Baby Sh_t Green and White 73 Bronco,  you may have seen my camp ..was there from day after T-giving untill Dec. 12th... had I know you needed a warm spot we had 3 extra beds and you sure could of had one.   :knothead:      :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline BigArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
I would have gladly taken you up on that Gene.  I looked foward to roughing it a bit but underestimated the weather.  
Too Bad on the miss.  I accomplished something similar during the early season. I can still picture the arrow as it SHOULD have looked.
 I hope your season was successful anyway. Mybe I'll end up meeting you sooner or later.  I am trying to make more TBW functions this year.

Thanks again for the offer.

BigArcher

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©