INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Glenn St. Charles Traditional Rondezvous  (Read 378 times)

Offline Sean1

• Trad Bowhunter
Glenn St. Charles Traditional Rondezvous
« on: August 18, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
Please post comments here what we could do better for you. This is only the 2nd Trad shoot the T.S.C has put on and we want to make any adjustments and/or improvements to make this the best shoot possible.Another thank you to Suzanne for the custom arrows she donated with Glenn's signature! Martin archery helped out bigtime as well as Gun and Bow. Thanks Tim. I want to take this time to acknowledge Buzz. He's been our archery chairman the last few years and he did a fantastic job. Please flood this topic with a killer at-a-boy for him as he got the St. Charles shoot going and he's done with his term of being our chairman. Thanks Dave, you da man!
didn't lay enough dirt down, saw it right off!

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glenn St. Charles Traditional Rondezvous
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »
You could hire Suzie (Larry Alvar's dog) to find my lost arrows. ;~)

The course was well laid-out. Shooting distances were very appropriate for stick bows (I want to know WHO missed their turkey last spring from a distance of ten feet... TWICE). I very much enjoyed the challenges presented by: having to hit a target set behind another; having to thread the needle between trees; having to shoot through a bit of brush; and etcetera. The refreshment coolers along the trail were appreciated.

So "Atta boy", Buzz!

My only critical comment is that it got noisy once the firearms range opened up, but that comes with the territory. [And, for any history buffs out there, that is why some Washington bowhunters in the 1970's sought (and won) disallowing sidearms during archery season; to maintain the quietude of a primitive weapon season.]

D

PS. Oh, and my squeamish daughter could have done with a few less mouse pellets in the privy and a bit of paper. So I would suggest that you consider marking those two old wooden outhouses out on the course as "Out of Service" or prepping them for some light use.
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Offline Sean1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. And sorry bout the outhouses. they're rarely used but we'll take note about the mice pellets and TP. I'm not 100% positive but Buzz likes shooting at nocks and i wouldn't be surprised if those turkey targets weren't set up just for that occasion! Gotta love the man!
didn't lay enough dirt down, saw it right off!

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »
So you just have to know who missed the turkey at 10 feet.. Well I,m not the type of guy to put some one down for missing not one turkey at ten feet but three all under 15 feet.

So if you realy need to know who missed them I,m not going to tell on myself. So just do not ask if I know the guy who missed at 10 feet..(lol)

The outhouses were forgotten by me .. They are now in the notes for next years shoot.  Thanks for the reminder..

And yes there is going to be a next year for this shoot.

Keep the coments coming and I will try to get them all answered.....

Thanks to all who showed up this year and we will hope to see more of you all at the next one..

Later.......Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »
The shoot was very good this year. The targets were set up great and the weather was perfect. I heard some people talking about wishing that there was a state traditional championship tournament. I think this would get you more people and for both days. Thanks for putting this shoot on and I will see you next year. Chris.

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 02:16:00 AM »
Buzz,

Something I didn't know about before but was told today is that Flint Tip had their member's-only gathering and shoot on that same weekend. You might want to communicate with them and find out if they always use the middle weekend of August for that. If so you are competing for a fair sized portion of the S. King and N. Pierce county traditional shooters. Flint Tip club members are a loyal bunch so if their club gathering and the Classic are on the same weekend you aren't going to be seeing many of them in Tacoma.

Dale

["Gobble, gobble! Flap, flap, flap!"

(Buzz's recurring nightmare since the Spring...)]

;~)
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
Chris says, "...a state traditional championship tournament...", and I say, "good idea".
Lon Scott

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »
Yes how about the [ THE GLEN ST CHARLES PACIFIC NORTHWEST STICKBOW CHAMPIONSHIP}
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
Tyee, that is a perfect name for it.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
That's great.  

Maybe a committee could be formed for "rules"...and I expect attendance will improve dramatically next year.

I know of several states that have their own stickbow championships, and the committee could possibly use those states' rules as guidelines.
Lon Scott

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
I suggest you check with Glenn to be certain he doesn't mind his name attached to a tournament. It seems to me that he was not into competitions and the like, but I could be wrong.
-Jay Massey

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »
I know that Glenn attended Nfaa events back in the day that is how the P&y club got its start
I dont think he would mind. But the club would have to agree and I think if this was done the shoot should move to mid july. Buzz what do you think?
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »
Like the idea of Trad Champ type of game..

The name is a sure fire winner..

would want more input on why the middle of July????

Have no problem going to the club and moving the shoot around.

Will be going to a committee meeting on Tuesday the 1st of Sep. and will bring it up....

Like I said ... I would like more input from all as to why the middle of July..

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
The problem with the middle of July is the WSB shoot is around that time. I don't think there is anything around the middle of August. The only bad part about that time is the heat sometimes. But you had that taken care of this year with the coolers on the course. The only other thing would to maybe make up three courses so people could take a break. This year was pretty good with two courses kind of with you ending a target up by the flat range.

Offline zwickeyman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
Buzz, it was a good shoot. The thing I would change is having so many targets at basically the same stake. The first half was very good though. Thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©