INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: WDFW Will Support Archers' Requests  (Read 171 times)

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
WDFW Will Support Archers' Requests
« on: March 18, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »
Mr. Dave Ware,
WDFW Game Department Manager
600 Capitol Way N.
Olympia, WA 98501-1091

Dave,

As per our phone conversation at 10:00 AM on March 12, 2009, I understand that the 2009-11 draft hunting season regulations, together with the recommended adjustments and floor changes that were made in Ellensburg at the March 6-7, 2009 Commission meeting, will go forward as the recommendations that the WDFW will support; and that the Fish & Wildlife Commission will be encouraged to implement the following more recent WDFW-supported adjustments to the draft regulations:

•   GMU 250 Swakane will be reinstated as a general late season archery mule deer opportunity as it was in last year’s package; November 25 - December 8; any buck.

•   GMU 247 Entiat will see a reduction in the number of permits from the last year’s package, down to 50 permits; November 21 - 30; any buck.

•   GMU 101 Sherman will be reinstated as a general late season white-tail deer opportunity as it was in last year’s package; November 10 - December 15; any white-tailed deer.

At this time the Washington Archery Coalition, consisting of Washington State Bowhunters, Washington State Archery Association and Traditional Bowhunters of Washington will support the draft 2009-11 hunting season regulations in conjunction with the aforementioned March 7 recommended adjustments and floor changes, and in combination with the more recent WDFW-supported adjustments outlined above.

One of the basic tenets of Archery Hunting is general early and late seasons. Somehow that has been lost in the process so we are still very concerned with the agenda of Region 2 going to permit-only deer opportunity after November 1. Employing our recommendation of opening GMU 245 Chiwawa would solve the Swakane problem in that it would relieve the issues that staff has, while at the same time providing the family recreational opportunity that was so passionately sought at the meeting in Ellensburg.

Our membership still has reservations on some of the changes that the WDFW made in parts of this three-year package. These issues will be brought up with the WDFW and GMAC in the season adjustments at the end of the 2009 hunting season. We will continue to work with the department so as to be of assistance in managing the resources of our state in a scientific, responsible and equitable manner.

Thank you for your efforts,

Rick Liebel
Washington State Bowhunters
GMAC representative

Washington Archery Coalition
Chairman
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Offline Ray Borbon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WDFW Will Support Archers' Requests
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »
Fantastic.

I want to thank all the folks which worked hard for this. I merely sent a few letters and rattled a few sabers.

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WDFW Will Support Archers' Requests
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
Rick emailed me last night saying he made some mistakes in note taking during his phone conversation with Dave Ware on the 12th.

Swakane is to run concurrent with the other Region 2 opportunities   Nov 21-30 , 3 pt or better.

Entiat is up to 55 permits.

He apologizes for being an old fart, er, uh... I mean any inconveniences.

Dale
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©