INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: March 7 meeting: No Room at the Inn  (Read 192 times)

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
March 7 meeting: No Room at the Inn
« on: February 21, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
IMPORTANT: I was just informed that the hearing room at the Quality Inn will only 100 people and that the sign-in starts at 7:30 AM not 8:00. IF you want to testify, I suggest you arrive early.

DS
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Offline H2ofowlplate

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: March 7 meeting: No Room at the Inn
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
Why am I not surprised!!!!

They could at least have picked a larger location and simply limited the number of places on the sign-up sheet.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
Sounds as if I may have to leave at 3:30 AM in order to get to Ellensburg by 7:30.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Dale Sharp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
It sounds like there will a couple of people bringing awnings and BBQ's; gonna turn it into a tailgate party to pass the time until the important agenda item comes up. If the WDFW has to move the meeting outside to allow everyone to participate, so be it... It is a public meeting; they have to accomodate everyone.
In the past, they have required everyone who intends to testify to arrive by the time the meeting is called to order.
Don't let the cramped space deter any of you from attending. We need as many bowhunters there as can be.
Dale
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Offline Cascade Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
So, last night I met with the Game Biologist for the USFS here in Leavenworth.Seems he feels we have a gripe about more hunters in September(during fire Season)and we should retain Status quo...but his superiors told him not to get involved.Why the hell am I the only one who wants to make waves  :campfire:    :clapper:
Hickman "Critter Gitter,Lee Thunderbolt.

Offline Cascade Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »
I talked for the better part of an hr today with DV at the Wenatchee  game dept.What's the best solution to get 800 hunters out of the Swakane Unit?That's a no brainer.Give us back Nason till the 15th Dec,Chiwawa,Swakane,Natapoc,Mallott, and Swakane pressure would be nill.Now, one way we may get all our units back...Close the roads.Hike in .I had to agree there is too much pressure, but I told him it was self imposed.As a last resort, I say we go for a anterless season in Chiwawa Nov20-Dec 35th  :biglaugh:
Hickman "Critter Gitter,Lee Thunderbolt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©