INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: >>>---2008 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt--->  (Read 457 times)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
>>>---2008 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt--->
« on: September 21, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
Where; AEP Land SE Ohio Campsite K

Directions; From interstate 70, go South on route 83 past Cumberland about 7 miles. Turn left on CR 13 and look for Bicentennial campground K.

When; Wednesday November 5th to Sunday November 9th.

Cost: none

Facilities: It is a mowed camping area next to a small lake with outhouses.  There is no running water or electricity. It can accomodate tents and small campers. There are some bass in the lake, but as stated it is very small. Really more of a super big pond than lake, 10 acres maybe.

Deer processing/check station: There is a place to get deer checked and procesed 7 miles north in Cumberland Ohio.

Permits:  You will need your Ohio hunting license and deer tags.  AEP also requires a permit to be on their property, but it is a minor formality and can be downloaded quickly. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND IT IN TO THEM. JUST SIGN IT AND KEEP IT IN YOUR WALLET OR POCKET.

Go to this site to download the AEP permit;
  http://www.aep.com/environmental/recreation/recland/pdf/PERMIT.pdf  

Maps: Go to the following site to find a map of the AEPrecreation land    http://www.aep.com/environmental/recreation/recland/pdf/ReCLandMap.pdf  

Food: Bring everthing that you will need to camp and keep warm.  If everyone brings extra, then we will have enough food for sure.

Fire Wood: You can buy it at the general store in Cumberland or just bring your own.  They don't want people to bring firewood in from out of state, but in state should be fine.

I'll mark our camping area with a sign. I'm thinking it'll be good for 10-15 people.

See you there,
-Charlie

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: >>>---2008 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt--->
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »
Anyone have and luck?

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: >>>---2008 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt--->
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
Nevermind, I see that's from 2008.