INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Holmes County Shoot  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
Holmes County Shoot
« on: July 23, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
Getting ready for the Holmes County shoot and hope to bring a friend with me.  He has a 14 year old daughter that has been learning to shoot, and he was wondering if there is anything for her to do there other than shoot the course.  I don't make many of the OSTA shoots (two a year) and since my kids are grown and married, I wasn't sure what the young ones do.  Can anyone help me here?
Thanks.
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline Camp Cook

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Holmes County Shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
Hi Goose.

Are you coming just for the day or are you camping?  The course usually takes a couple hours to shoot.  There will be novelties set up.  We will have a balloon shoot for Pee Wees & Cubs.  I am checking into having a balloon shoot for the older kids as we will have a youth group in attendance also. These will probably take place in the evening.

We don't usually have very many, if any competitors in the Youth Girls, so if she shoots from the correct stake, she stands a good chance of placing.

If you are camping, there is always shopping in Berlin...or just going into town to eat or just get an ice cream.

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
Hi Joy,

I only live about 20 minutes from the range, so no camping.  Just wondered what the 14 year old could do to keep her interested and occupied.  We will be there Saturday for sure, and maybe Sunday morning.  I have a family reunion in the afternoon on Sunday.

See you there.
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline Ted A. Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
Hey Goose you could leave her at the registration table.  Those two gals will have indoctrinated by the time you get back!    :scared:    :knothead:    :bigsmyl:    :wavey:    :thumbsup:
Ted A. Young AKA COB.  When I was young I spoke as child.  Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Offline Camp Cook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
What you saying TED,  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

The registration table is the happening place................

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »
I'm sure the registration table is the happening place, and a good location to meet and talk to people, but I wouldn't do that to Joy.  I just hope we can burn some of her energy off on the range!  We will have fun.

Goose

Offline J.F. Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
you could invite me along to shoot with you all and we can try to wear her out looking for my arrows? if that isn't enough to tire her out, she could wash and wax my truck.   :D
"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »
Hi Jamie

OK, just leave the keys in the truck.  We'll make sure she does a good job!

Offline J.F. Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
not so sure about leaving keys...  :confused:  

tell you what though, TradGang has had this forum for OSTA up and running since february and it hardly ever gets any traffic. bothers me. there is a boat load of internet savvy tradfolk in Ohio and some of them are even OSTA members. where in the heck are they??
"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Some of us read, but rarely post.

Better to keep my mouth shut and let you think me a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.   :D  

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline J.F. Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
some of us post, but barely read.  :knothead:

personally, I'd prefer that nobody has any doubts about whether or not I'm a fool. pretty sure anybody who has ever conversed with me here, there, in person or otherwise made up their mind in a nanosecond anyway. we is what we is, brother.

Offline longstiks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 03:55:00 AM »
I'll be coming down on Sunday morning. When does registration start? Hope to see you there Steve!
Denny

Offline J.F. Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 05:25:00 AM »
registration is from 9-12 on sunday.

Offline hoot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
im going to try and be there . , well wait , i already have my tent set up .. in the shade, hoot
i had a friend once,, but he died.

Offline Camp Cook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
You better have saved me a shady spot....wait...I'm not camping

Offline J.F. Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 04:56:00 AM »
Hoot, did you remember to secure the shaded Executive camping area for the President and his enterage?

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
Hey, I thought this was a great shoot!  Got to see some good friends, exchange some BS with them, and as usual, East Holmes did a good job.  
The weather could have been a little better, but I didn't see it slow anyone down.  Hot on Saturday and a little rain on Sunday.  Nice to see our Prez, and of course Joy, again.  I'm starting to think we should call these bull crap gatherings instead of shoots (glad I wore my boots!).   I shot some targets on Saturday until the shoulder started to hurt, almost as much as my throat from all the talking.  Good to go around the range with Denny and his gang on Sunday, a great group of guys (they had no mercy on each other)! Nice to see Hoot, Chuck, Brain, Butch and a bunch of others there supporting OSTA.
Thanks again to OSTA and East Holmes for a great time!
Goose

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
Goose,

Sorry I missed you. I shot both courses then my wife and I went to dinner at the Der Dutchman. It was hot on Saturday.
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »
Hi Tony,

Darn, sorry I missed you.  Hot on Saturday?  Get out a here!  When I got home I had to squeeze the sweat out of my underpants!  Still had fun though.  Jamie and I talked for a long time before the shoot started on Saturday.  All I did was wipe sweat off my face and the steam off my glasses.  He stood there like he was in Alaska.  Go figure.  

The Der Dutchman is good.  Don’t go there much because of the crowds, but it is a good feed.  Since we already live in the Amish country, if we need Amish food, we just go to the neighbors.  When they want to watch baseball, they come to our house.  Good arrangement.

Hope to see you at one of the shoots.
Steve

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 05:52:00 AM »
Goose,

I'm going to try and make the State shoot daown in Jackson. Maybe I will see you there.

Tony
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©