INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2011 TBT Banquet Date ???  (Read 480 times)

Offline tnbuckskinner

• Trad Bowhunter
2011 TBT Banquet Date ???
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
Has the date been set for the banquet yet??

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2011 TBT Banquet Date ???
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
Not yet. I'm working on a speaker. Trying to rush the issue as much as possible.
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline CheapShot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
If there's a banquet or anything happening for the TBT this season, it's already about toooo late to have it isn't it? You gotta start planning on things way before deer season, cause nothing gets done during those months. Now it's already into Feb and no plans perking that I know of......  :archer:
TNGIRL....
>>>>>>>>------------>>
Ye Olde Fartes and Sore Losers,
NGTA, TBG,
TGMM Family of The Bow,
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters

Offline CheapShot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
WOW!!! does my feet smell bad or what.....ain't NOBODY touched this-un since I posted on the 8th!!!! Sorry if I pinched an arm or stepped on a toe BUT I'm willing to help if we can come up with SOMETHING!!!!!  :saywhat:    :saywhat:    :saywhat:  
Mr. President....what do you have in mind????????
Tomi    :wavey:  
  :archer:
TNGIRL....
>>>>>>>>------------>>
NGTA, TBG,
TGMM Family of The Bow,

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »
You go girl.
   Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule
Home of the Tennessee Classic

Offline GreenJeans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
Yeah them bullet holes hurt but wait till you try a handful of this here quick clot to stop that bleeding

You hot poker/cougar.

Actually I was waiting on "ole long tail" half acre or the "legend" Sonny to pick this up and run with it. Ha Ha
Remember--Some People are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Some people can paint the Sistine chapel, some people can finger-paint, and some people just eat the Crayons....

Offline CheapShot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
I don't mean to make you upset Alex...honest I don't, but you have all of us out here waiting with "baited breath" to help or do or something.....but it's your call. So get busy and make it happen.....and delegate some to, if need be. Maybe we can still put something together this spring, but turkey season swiftly approaches!!!! Dude....TURKEY SEASON!!!!!!!  :archer:
TNGIRL....
>>>>>>>>------------>>
NGTA, TBG,
TGMM Family of The Bow,

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »
Alex is supposed to be at the cabin today for the weekend,I will ask him about it.I am sorry to say I actuality got out last year,there was so little going on or so it Seemed,all we had going was the banquet.I will still support it if I am needed but if I am a member of something I like to see things happening,not just say O ya I am a member.Hope there are no hard feelings,just needed to vent on this issue.I feel like yall are all family to me and sure don't want that to change.
Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
I kind of think we as an organization is at a "cross road".  I guess it's a normal progression for any group.  

It's alot harder to get things like this up and running than I thought it would be.  It takes alot of elements to make it work.  

But no hard feelings what-so-ever Pappy, the family feeling is mutual buddy.

Offline CheapShot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
Mark, we are a big extended family. That's the way I see it, no matter where in this lovely state I'm in. But one state I'm not in, is denial and nothing is happening with the TBT nor the banquet and I think maybe we've come to a halt. I hate it but these things happen, and for a reason. But no hard feelings towards anyone in my book. Likewise, I hope no one has hard feelings towards me for any reason, I didn't make the banquet last year myself. I believe our strengths are in the existing clubs we have from one end of the state to the other, and they can always use our support and best efforts. IMHO
Tomi
  :archer:
TNGIRL....
>>>>>>>>------------>>
NGTA, TBG,
TGMM Family of The Bow,

Offline BobinTN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
In my opinion the cross-roads we are at is leadership.  We may have exhausted our resources as far as finding people with the right combination of vision/desire/willingness to lead/willingness to work within the organization.

And nothing kills an organization quicker than putting someone without the above qualitys in a leadership role.

I have not heard one organizational statement come out of the current Presidents mouth since the weekend he was elected.  Nothing about the newsletters, nothing about coordination.  If their has been any communication it has been in private.  Which if you are outside that loop then as far as you can tell the organization is headed nowhere.

The organization does not have the infrastructure or depth of members to survive bad leadership.
Bob Brundage
Clarksville, TN

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
I'll start by apologizing. I'm sorry to not have put as much into the club as I had planned. This year held more distraction than I had any idea. I was mistaken in thinking this would be a good year for me to do this. I consider us family too. Accordingly, there will be some who forgive and support, and some who don't.

I'm going to point out that I had no opponent, no alternative candidate in this role. I, like every president before me, did it because nobody else stepped up to do it. If you don't like the president, recruit new eligible members, nominate, or run yourself.

I'm also going to point out that, until Tomi's offer above, not one person has made a proactive offer of support to the club or myself. If, in fact, anyone had been sitting there stewing over a perceived lack of action within the club, that person should simply start some action. Pick up the phone and call me. Impeach me me if you must, but do *something*. I've done enough non profit development to know that people offer complaints and criticism far more than support and activism.

There is not just one person in this club. I'm not the only person who can get busy.  A successful organization is made up of LOTS of people "getting busy". (I'm not singling you out Tomi, you've at least offered support. It's the general attitude). The fact is, the club was already on this trajectory before I became president. I may be the guy who saw it crash. It might be the next guy (who would that be, anyway)? It's going to happen either way if the ENTIRE MEMBERSHIP doesn't get proactive.

As it is, I am waiting to hear back from a prospective speaker. But I agree with Pappy's bigger point... we need to be much more. If its only about a banquet, its pointless. How many of you got proactive on that bear season issue last fall? Really, how many phone calls did you make? I made several. I got to know the chairman of the commission, and found out he was on our side. He was thrilled to hear from me. Did he hear from any of you? We got half of our lost season back. Could we have gotten more? Has anyone discussed baiting versus dogging bears with the TWC Chairman? I have.

Nevertheless, I am indeed disappointed with my presidency, and I accept your disappointment. Just please realize a club is not made by one person.  I see no reason why we can't still have a great year that includes a banquet, political action, youth fun, etc. It's only February.  So let's do it! All of us! You are all my dear friends, family even. If you want to know why I haven't done more... pick up the phone. If you want to see serious action in our club... make action. If you want to help me rather than criticize... pick up the phone. I'd love to discuss club matters, form plans, and hear about your deer season.

I look forward to seeing all of you soon.
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline CheapShot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Alex, that was a thoughtful and sincere response and I thank you for it. Now what can we do? If you're at Twin Oaks for the weekend, discussions won't happen this weekend, except with Mark. Pick that fine man's brain for some plans then discuss them with the rest of us, either here or email or calling, you have my numbers........  :archer:
TNGIRL....
>>>>>>>>------------>>
NGTA, TBG,
TGMM Family of The Bow,

Offline BobinTN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
I appreciate your response along with Tomi.  You make some valid points.  I think I should have kept my thoughts to myself and came up with a more constructive/diplomatic way to express my concerns.  I have not felt right since I hit the send button on my thoughts above.  Let me know if I can be any assistance.

(boy am i passive/agressive  or what?)
Bob Brundage
Clarksville, TN

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
No worries, Bob.    :campfire:  I might have been known to do the same here and there.    :D

Thanks for the pm's and calls, everyone. I've been talking with Pappy, Ethan, etc. We are coming up with a couple ideas to get us on track, and I'll post soon.

TBT ain't done, folks. We're just getting started.   :D
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline jtwalsh62

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »
Hey how about you post something on stickbow and here in the PowWow cause there are guys that have stopped looking here .    I am one that may go here once every 2weeks.Just seem that there is nothing going on here. So with that said it may help that we spend more time talking here.
jt walsh
 be still and listen

Offline camocowboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
Seems it is harder to get things done than to oppose everything someone else trys to do.

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »
Ha Jim,how ya been,Ant seen you around much
lately.
   Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule

Offline camocowboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
Hello Pappy! I'm planning on bringing my grandson to the classic. See you then. JB

Offline RightWing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
Is a Banquet still in the works? A friend (possibly two) and I are wanting to go if you are having one. He and I will need to put in for a vacation day if it is held on a weekday or Saturday so the earlier the date is posted the better.
"Misty Morning, pungent autumn leaves, flicker of white, musk in the wind..... Let the fun Begin"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©