INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: anybody doin any bowfishing?  (Read 221 times)

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
anybody doin any bowfishing?
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
I've taken the canoe out a few times and shot a few fish.  Been building bows and working alot.(Wish I knew how to post pictures!  :knothead:  )  What's everybody else doing?

Ethan

Offline BobinTN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anybody doin any bowfishing?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
I've just started practicing for the upcomin season.  Yesterday my 7 year old and I shot up a series of milk jugs and other assorted items.
Bob Brundage
Clarksville, TN

Offline YE OLDE DOE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
BEEN SHOOTING OUT BACK OF THE HOUSE AND THE MONTHLY OLDE FARTES SHOOT, BUT NO BOW FISHING.  IT'S CANNING TIME AND I HAVE BEEN PUTTING UP GREEN BEANS, PICKLES AND TOMATOES, SOME JELLY TOO.NOW THAT IT'S JULY I NEED TO START GETTING HUNTING SEASON GEAR TUNED UP.

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
Kiva -
I'm needing your chow chow recipe if you're still willing to share it.

Canning season and the annual tomoato wars are about to commence soon at the Sapp hacienda also.

David
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline CastIron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
Kiva,
 I would say all that you mention is hunting season gear just add fire and cast iron.

Oh ya your Bow and arrows too.

Did I mention sourdough for the biscuits?

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »
Been out with Don & Skyler Wilson a couple times on the Tennessee river, right on the 'bama border. We've been gettng a ton of gar & a fair few cats & carp. The gar are pretty scarce at Nickajack dam at the moment, but I keep checking!

I haven't seen any evidence of carp on Tim's Ford, but saying that, I haven't searched it all yet   :D  I'm also on the lookout for a 'nicely' priced 18' boat, to rig up for myself.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©