INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2nd Annual TTAS Small Game Hunt anyone?  (Read 300 times)

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
2nd Annual TTAS Small Game Hunt anyone?
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »
I was looking at January 12th as a possible date. I thought we could meet at the Cracker Barrel on Hwy.412 at 5:30am for a hearty breakfast before stomping around looking for critters to shoot at on Yanhali(old Duck River WMA) outside of Columbia. If the "Chapel Hill" gang can attend they can show us the Cheek Bend area. I helped with a hiking trail network there for TN TRAILS and have walked over it once but I think Joe Walsh and the Hammonds have deer/turkey hunted there so they would make good "Sherpa guides". WHATD'YA THINK? AND if someone spots a hunting dog wandering along the road enroute snatch it up and we'll borrow it for the hunt.   :bigsmyl:

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2nd Annual TTAS Small Game Hunt anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
I don't think I can make it, but wanted to mention that it's the final weekend of the youth deer hunt. I don't know if Yanahali is open for deer or not, but might be a safety consideration.
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
Deer season closed there the middle of December. I'll probably go over and see if anything is stirring that day if I'm not up at LBL anyway. I thought I would just include the highly active TTAS group along. Honestly,I'd have been shocked if a group responded based on this past year's record.

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 05:30:00 AM »
Sorry Rodger I can't make it ,it is the youth
hunt weekend and I have 4 or 5 kids coming to stay at the cabin and hunt,so I will be catering to them all weekend.Hope yall have a big time .
See ya soon and thanks for the wood at LBL.
   Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule
Home of the Tennessee Classic

Offline BobinTN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
Roger;
Count me in.  I will come with one or two of my boys.
Bob Brundage
Clarksville, TN

Offline JImmyDee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »
I'd sure would like to -- but a 0530 meetup means I'd have to shove off at...  What?! 0130??  Then:

Hearty breakfast? (Nap time!)
Stomping around looking for critters? (Another nap!)
The drive home?  (Asleep at the wheel, don't you know!)

Hmm...  I'll have to see what I can do...

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
I just threw the hunt out there to see if anyone wanted to participate. I thought the organization was interested in building some traditions and didn't want the date to slip by. Based on initial responses I'll probably capitalize on LBL's extended deer/turkey season and head that way in lieu of staying in the "Big City" atmosphere and hunting rodents.

Offline Clinton R. Hammons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
Rodger,what about the middle of Feb.. Lets plan it for the middle of thahers in the corners of the state can come and enjoy a few hours.I know that sthunts,bow 50, daddy, and myself(my boys too)are ready to participate in a fur buster.  :archer:    :archer:    :archer:    :archer:    :archer:    :archer:    :archer:
Firefly77

Offline sthunts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »
Any interest in February 16?  If we wait and meet around 8:00, anyone having to drive won't have to get up so early.  Roger, you mentioned Cheek's Bend.  It's only about 5 or 6 miles from Cracker Barrel on Hwy. 412, about 3 miles from my house.  I hunted there quite a bit a few years back.  Lots of scrub, lots of fields and some hardwoods.

Offline Clinton R. Hammons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
Scott, Sounds Good!!! Seems like no one else wants to reply.
Firefly77

Offline BobinTN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
Hey Scott;

Good idea but I have a previous engagement.  I hope you get some more responses.
Bob Brundage
Clarksville, TN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©