INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: S.T.A.R. shoot 2014  (Read 1028 times)

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
S.T.A.R. shoot 2014
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
The Sherwood Traditional Archers Rendezvous, or S.T.A.R., will be held on June 7 & 8, 2014 in Roanoke Va.  The committee has already started working on this shoot to make it the best yet.

We have the renaissance group coming in again this year that will have all of their medieval tents set up and various displays. These are hard core re-enactors. If you were there last year you know they put on a great show. I will post more information on them as it gets closer.

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/Pages/traditional.html

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: S.T.A.R. shoot 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
Sherwood Archers does a great job with this shoot!
Lord willing, the Cool Springs Gang will be down for Charlottesville.
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
Jen and I won't be able to make this year.

For all you other folks... this is a wonderful time!  If you haven't gone...  you gotta put this on your list.

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
What?  No Jen and Dave?  No Dave and Jen?     :dunno:
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Offline tackhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 02:01:00 AM »
Great shoot, going to try to make it again this year. For anyone who hasn't been to this event you are missing out!!!!
What you do speaks so loudly that I can't hear what you say! >>----->

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
Well, I just finalized the deal and the raffle tickets are being printed up this coming week....

The raffle bow for our shoot this year is going to be one of the new Bear Archery 59's. I had to pre order the bow
so it will be right hand and 45 pounds. I have it on order and it should be here in time to have it on hand at the shoot in June

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
I really hope to make it. I am planning that Baltimore will be my first shoot of the year.Alot of missed time afield so far,too many things piling up.STAR is definitely one of the better shoots by far.See y'all then.

Danny
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Everyone had a good time at the fun range across the road last year when we had it set up as a Zombie Shoot.  Well, this year we are going to have it set up as a Bear range.... like in the critter, not the bow.  We hope to have realistic looking bear baits, bear attacks, etc.  Hopefully it will be as much fun as last year.

Offline Machias

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 06:25:00 AM »
I'm sure going to try and make it.
Fred Moyer

History does not entrust the care of Freedom to the Weak or the Timid.

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
Join us for the 9th annual Sherwood Archers Traditional Rendezvous (STAR), June 7 & 8, on Sherwood Archery Club's beautiful 90 mountain acres in Roanoke County VA. Open Saturday and Sunday: challenging 30-target 3-D competition course, 14-target field course, 16-target interactive "fun" course, 10-target "tough man" course, 16-target indoor range open 24/7, practice range up to 80 yards, novelty side shoots. Monitored "swap meet" area in operation all day long, breakfast and lunch available on site Saturday and Sunday, vendor spaces available at no charge. "Fun" course plus indoor and practice range open to Friday evening campers. Limited primitive camping spaces available at no charge with access to showers, hotels located within minutes of the Sherwood campus. Bring your recurves, longbows, trad items for the swap meet, rested fingers and shoulders and join us for one of the best tradtional shoots in the Southeast! For directions, contact info and lots of pics from last year's STAR, visit sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com.

Offline Jeff Mundy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Randy, I'll be out of the country again! It sure seems to work out that way every year. You guys have fun.

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
Two weeks away now!

I hate to hear that Jeff.

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »
10 days-not that I'm counting.
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
We have been out at the club working on the trails some this past week.  Looking to change things around just a little for you guys.  We are moving the tough man course down a lot closer to the club to make it lees of a chore to walk all the way up the hollow to shoot it.  Hopefully this will entice more people to try it out and make it easier on the guys who want to shoot it multiple times.  I am also changing the 3-D course around some to let you guys see and shoot on some of the club you haven't been on before.

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
Looking forward to this shoot.  See everyone this weekend.  Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline LostWyoTradShooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by R.V.T.B.:
The Sherwood Traditional Archers Rendezvous, or S.T.A.R., will be held on June 7 & 8, 2014 in Roanoke Va.  The committee has already started working on this shoot to make it the best yet.

We have the renaissance group coming in again this year that will have all of their medieval tents set up and various displays. These are hard core re-enactors. If you were there last year you know they put on a great show. I will post more information on them as it gets closer.

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/Pages/traditional.html  
I'm new to TradGang, but live in the NOVA area. I would love to make this shoot, but am traveling on business through the end of June.  Any other regional shoots I can attend?
Paul

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
STAR was fantastic again this year!  Thanks to Randy and everyone else who puts in so much work so we can come down and play for a couple days.    :archer:  

I think everyone in my group will agree that the highlight of the weekend was seeing Peachy!  

See everyone again next year.

Allen

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
I posted some photos up in the "Shoots & Gatherings" section.

Offline Green Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
where is the shoots and gatherings section?  and yep, it was a great shoot!!  we'll be back next year for sure!
"Everything the power of the world does it does in a circle." -Black Elk

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
Randy and the guys again out did themselves.The Ranges were great and as always had a great time.One of the best shoots out there.Thanks and one of the Highlights was to see peachy and get him to laugh with us or maybe at us..lol
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©