INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: new to traditional archery  (Read 499 times)

Offline blue

• Trad Bowhunter
new to traditional archery
« on: May 13, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
hello everyone! I just got into traditional archery after last bow season. I live in spotsylvania,va . is there any traditional clubs in the area that i could check out. thank you for your time.

Offline JMG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new to traditional archery
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:37:00 AM »
I don't know of any trad clubs in your area,,but welcome and enjoy!!   :archer2:

Offline Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
Hey Blue,  I am surprised no one has replied about North Va clubs.  I'm heading to the Baltimore shoot tomorrow.  I know several people there that live in that general area.  I'll tell them about your post and get you some responces.

Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Online Stinger

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
I'm not aware of any traditional only clubs in NOVA.  You ought to make the drive up to the Baltimore shoot this weekend though.  It is a great shoot and there are plenty of vendors.  Check out baltimorebowmen.com and look up the Traditional Classic for all the info.

Offline Brock

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
When I lived up there and was member of Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland...I seem to remember some guys in NOVA that would come to some of the shoots.  here is all I could find though:

Traditional Bowhunters of Virginia-John Gresham, 4616 Ladysmith Rd., Ruther Glen, VA 22546, 804-448-1411, john.gresham1@gmail.com

Virginia Traditional Bowhunters/Dixie Bowmen-Bo Slaughter, 5210 Hurop Rd., Sandston, VA 23150, 804-737-9139, rslaughteriii@yahoo.com

Buffalo Creek Traditional Archers-John T. Latocha, 405 Terrace Dr., Mannington, WV 26582, 304-986-3045, joni9600@aol.com

Mountain State Sportsmen's Association-Steve Cox, P O Box 191, Parkersburg, WV 26102, info@mtstate.org web site:  www.mtstate.org

Depending on what part of NOVA you are located one of those might be close...if not...consider joining Trad Bowhunters of Maryland as they have members from NOVA, PA, MD, DE...and have quarterly shoots/meetings plus a lot of other activities.

Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland-John Laws, 914 Camden Ave., Salisbury, MD 21801, longbow914@comcast.net
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
Northern VA Archers (NORVA) isn't in your neighborhood, but we're not too far away either.  Up I-95 until you hit Rt 123 in Lorton.  A few miles up 123 and you're practically there.  I can meet you there if you're interested in checking it out.

-Dave
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©