INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: S.T.A.R. Shoot 2013  (Read 1031 times)

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
S.T.A.R. Shoot 2013
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
The 2013 Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous will be held the weekend of June 8 & 9, 2013, at the Sherwood Archery club in Roanoke Va.

I just left another committee meeting doing to planning and preparing for the S.T.A.R. shoot. We are striving to make this shoot the best ever for you guys.

A couple of new things going on this year...We have a renaissance group coming in that will have all of their medieval tents set up and various displays.  These are hard core re-enactors who are going to put on a great show. I will post more information on them as it gets closer.

At the urging of some of our younger members, and in the interest of spicing things up some, our fun range this year will be dubbed the “Zombie Range”.  We are going to fill it with Zombie targets and just everything “Zombie”.  We are also planning on putting together an after dark Zombie shoot across the road, which should be a Blast!!

We will still have the vertical 3-D course set up as well as the field shoot, tough man (might even be a zombie or two out on that course) and everything else we have had in the past.

I am in negotiations with a bowyer now to hopefully have one of our best bow raffles available for you guys this year.

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: S.T.A.R. Shoot 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Randy how do I get there from I-81. I will be coming south on 81. Thanks
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
Randy..we look forward to it again as we'll.Great time always.Can I reserve my camp spot now?....lol......see ya then

Danny
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Here is the Sherwood website

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/

There is a directions tab up top.

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
Thanks Randy.
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 06:02:00 AM »
:jumper:     :jumper:

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Hope to get there as well, always a good time and great courses-alot of work goes into this shoot.
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
We'll see you there Tom.  It's been a while!
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
Hey guys, We have worked out a deal with Craig in order to have a Howard Hill longbow as our raffle bow for the shoot this year. I have already had the tickets printed up and we will be selling them at the shoots leading up to the S.T.A.R.

Offline Green Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
we had a blast last year, gonna try to make it this year too!
"Everything the power of the world does it does in a circle." -Black Elk

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »
The guys on the S.T.A.R. Committee have been working hard to make this years S.T.A.R. Shoot the best we have ever had at Sherwood Archers. We will have the kitchen open Saturday and Sunday and will also be serving breakfast both days.  We have gotten in a new supply of t-shirts for this year as well. The 30 target 3-D range has been changed but is still as tough and steep as it ever was. We will have the toughman shoot going as well as the field course open that weekend.  Something new for this year is our “Zombie” range.  We have turned the fun course across the road into a zombie range with a lot of fun targets.  Additionally, we will also have a zombie fun shoot on Saturday evening, after dark.  For more information....

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/Pages/traditional.html

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Can't wait as the boss finally remembered that I wanted to get to this shoot. After all the overnight shifts this will be heaven on earth-thanks for making this shoot "the" one this year.
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
Tom..It looked like for awhile I wouldn't be able to make it but now looks good.Beides I have a bow to pick up.lol
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
Keep in mind guys that we will have the yard sale table going on Saturday.  If you have gear you no longer need, throw it our and see if it sells.

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
Hmmm, forgot about the table.  Thanks!
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »
Here are a couple of photos of the "greeters" we will have waiting for you on the zombie course Saturday night. We have re-posted the targets on one of our field courses with 16 of these, as well as a dozen or so life sized mock ups. Should be a lot of fun.

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 07:33:00 AM »
Well, It looks like we are going to get soaked today and tomorrow, putting the finishing touches on set up, but the forecast for Saturday and Sunday look fine.  Only a 10-20% chance of rain.

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
We worked in the rain all  afternoon and evening yesterday and then were back out there at 6:30 this morning.  Just finished up all of the little finishing touches a little while ago.  I set targets most of the day. There are several 20-30 yard straight up targets as well as a bunch of straight down shots. The targets are set on the field course, the toughman is all set, including the "Bear in the Air".  Zombies are all in place across the road. The campers have started rolling in and seem to be having a good time.  Weather is forecasting only a slight chance of rain for the weekend.  Things are looking good!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©