INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Hello Virginians!  (Read 217 times)

Offline treetoppredator

• Trad Bowhunter
Hello Virginians!
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
I am fairly new to trad, but loving it more everyday, finally got my longbow shooting good with some Beeman MFX 400's and 200 grain tips.  Really been practicing hard and can't wait to put it to use, (going after some gobblers here in a couple of weeks). Before i switched to traditional I had only taken 1 spring gobbler with a bow.  Its a difficult task as I do not use a blind, just camo and natural cover.  Worked at it for 4 years before success with the wheelie!
Isn't there a squirrel season in June now in VA? I'm thinking about going on a few squirrels hunts then if there is a season.  The squirrels ought to be on the ground as theres nothing in the trees for them.  Anybody been during that season? Thought that would be a good practice.

Offline Jeff Mundy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hello Virginians!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
I'm not sure what a squirrel eats in summer... other than bugs! I've wondered the same thing & I imagine that the answer is they'll eat whatever they can find.

Offline treetoppredator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hello Virginians!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
I do remeber that squirrels eat poplar blooms, atleast they ate the blooms from the trees in the yard where I grew up.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©