INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Rabbit hunt?  (Read 319 times)

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Rabbit hunt?
« on: December 25, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
I live in Chesapeake and commonly hunt the Cavalier WMA on weekends. Every time I drive in there I have to crawl down the roads to not kill any rabbits with my car. Would anybody on here be interested in doing a rabbit hunt soon here in Chesapeake? I don't have any dogs, or for that matter, any experience rabbit hunting, but I hear its a blast and would love to try it.
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Offline c'ville

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rabbit hunt?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »
I would be interested in going in early january after deer season.  However I don't have dogs either but I would love to chase some rabbits with a stickbow.  I'm in richmond until the 15th of january and the drive to chesapeake isn't too bad.  Keep me updated I am definately interested.
Bring a compass because it's awkward when you have to eat your friend's.

BBO 63#@28in

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 12:00:00 AM »
Right now its looking like itll be the 8th, all I have to do is run it by my Dad to make sure he doesnt have to work or anything. Does that work for everybody?
Aim small, miss small

Offline Larry L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
What's the status on this one?

Offline Erick S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
Always I am interested if you are still planning on going. I am also from Chesapeake.

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
The plan right now is to meet at the WMA at around 8AM Sat. morning. Cavalier is right off balahak (spell?) road. If you go on the VA DNR website and go to WMA its listed and will give you a map. Look forward to seeing everyone there!
Aim small, miss small

Offline Larry L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
I'll be there.  Looks like a good address for those unfamiliar with the area (like me) would be the Lake Drummond Baptist Church (3873 Ballahack Road Chesapeake, VA 23322).  That should put you just outside the norther gate shown on the DNR Map.

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
cville....We are a trad group here in charlottesville as well.We have a 20 course at my place and we meet each Monday starting each spring.Just let me know if you want to shoot sometime

Danny
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline ProArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
always89s boy, Larry, and Erick It was a pleasure to meet and hunt with you guys. I do apologies for cutting the hunt short, my asthma and legs just would not the terrain. I look forward to seeing you all at some of the shoots. Dixie and Tidewater Bow Hunters both have their shoot dates posted, however Kingsboro has not as of yet. (So what’s new?) Haven’t heard from White Oaks yet.
People need to get a life. That dose not mean to take someone else’s, or to make one they can't support.

If you fish and hunt only to catch or kill something. You have MISSED THE POINT COMPLETELY.

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Haha It was a pleasure on my part meeting everyone to and I had fun (even with the lack of game).  Im hoping to make it to some of the shoots aswell.
Aim small, miss small

Offline flungonin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
always89s boy, thanks again for the invite and the pleasure in meeting you and Larry and Eric. I had fun none the less, don't really have to stick something to enjoy the day. Seeing the 3 deer were a bonus as well as Proarcher joining us. Looking forward to shooting with you at the 3-D shoots in the tidewater area.

Offline Erick S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Always89s boy, thanks for setting up an enjoyable day, as stated above you don't have to come home with a prize at the end of the day to have had a great time.
Alway, Flungonin, and Proarcher it was my pleasure meeting you guys, as a newbie to the traditional world it is good to know a few local guys.
Proarcher, don't think the hunt was cut short on account of you, myself and Larry had to go into work yesterday afternoon and only planned on hunting until noon.
I look forward in shooting with you guys in the future and seeing you at the local events.

Erick

Offline ProArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
Larry let me know when you will be going to a 3D shoot so I can your broadhead back to you
People need to get a life. That dose not mean to take someone else’s, or to make one they can't support.

If you fish and hunt only to catch or kill something. You have MISSED THE POINT COMPLETELY.

Offline Larry L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
Nice to meet all of you guys as well.  Despite not seeing any critters, it was certainly the most sign I'd seen so far and I got to learn a decent bit.

Ray, you've nothing to apologize for.  I know my knees where killing me a few hours later.  Not that worried about the BH, I'm sure we'll cross paths again at some point.

Thinking about heading back out there again Saturday morning if anyone wants to join up.  Maybe a lil closer to dawn, if for anything but to see stuff as it's moving.

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
Im down for that Larry just let me know. My dad should be able to make that too.
Aim small, miss small

Offline Larry L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
I won't know until Thursday at earliest, Friday at latest.  I start my weekend on Wednesday but expect to work Thursday and possibly part of Friday.  Gotta get my QT in with the wife before I go off and play.

Let you know soon as I can.

Offline Larry L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »
Alright, tomorrow is looking good for me and the weather.  Should be cold again with a slight chance of rain.  I plan on being there about 7 for those that want to meet up.

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Went this morning, would have invited everyone but it was a short notice hunt. I found a little 8 point shed (the base still stank like a deer it was so fresh) and found a good spot in just about the only hardwoods on the property so overall it was a good day.
Aim small, miss small

Offline flungonin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
Did you get to Twin Oaks in Desputana for the 3-D shoot Sat or Sun?  Sounds like it was a productive day in the field. If your in the hardwoods, any squirrels? Ray, Kelly and myself shot the Tradgang league Sat out at Rays dads house. We all gotta get together for another outing, maybe a Sunday 3-D shoot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©